o n e

Emotions.

I am not going to say that I don't feel any emotions, no, I do feel them but I had more control over it then anybody would've have guessed.

Here I was, standing near the freshly dug grave where my biological parents were being lowered into. My aunty weeping on my shoulder with a white handkerchief tight clutched in her hands as she dabs her tears away.

With no emotions evident on my face, I looked down the grave where my parents coffins were. They past away almost two weeks ago, their bodies were recently discovered by their landlord, when he went to their house to collect the monthly rent and the over due accounts over the past few months.

I didn't live with my parents, god forbid that from that ever happening (now for sure it won't happen as they are no longer here). They were drug addicts and had died due to drug overdose. I lived with my friends. They were bad influence but they didn't treat me like a street dog like my parents did.

They were slightly older than me. They were all eighteen and I was still seventeen. So no one really questioned my living situation as everyone thought I was with my elder siblings, how wrong they were. No one every really knew my exact location of residence. No one ever cared, well, until now when I got a phone call from my 'long lost aunt', my fathers older sister.

Apparently, my father came from a strong Christian family from a small Christian community a few towns away. I grew up in a rundown and bad side of town where almost everyone carried a gun, including me. So hearing that my father came from a decent family left me in disbelief.

what the fuck happened to my father?

I was shaken awake from my thoughts when my aunty said it was time to go. "it's time to go honey." I followed her towards her and drove to my parents home.

As we reached there, she asked me where the guest room was and I showed her. I slowly entered my old room, which was as it was before I left. What irked me the most was that, my whole room was pink and filled with stuff dolls and teddy bears. I walked over to my old dresser and ran my fingers over the dusty surface.

There was a soft know on the door. I turned towards it and hummed out a 'come in'. The door opened and revealed my aunty. She held my door with both hands and looked around with a smile.

"My son, your older cousin is going to pick us up at 6 PM tonight. So pack up whatever you need," she told me and I nodded. How the fuck am I going to sneak past her and go to our house at the other end of this god forsaken town?

I sighed.

I'll have to jump out through the window, and that's exactly what I did. I ran through the streets to reach the house as fast as I could. It took me precisely ten minutes of running for me reach our house. I quickly took out my keys and unlocked the door and ran inside to see my friends Jackson, Bambam, Lisa and Jennie sitting in the living room.

"I have to go," I said to them. "I have no other choice, my so called aunty is dragging me to some small town, few miles away!" I exclaimed and walked over towards them.

Bambam looked at in disgust. "You're covered in sweat! Did you run all the way here?" He asked. "Yes, yes I did, why?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Bambam and I almost never got along. We were like siblings that hated each other but still cared for one another.

"Can't you run away?" Asked Lisa while glaring at Bambam. I shook my head.

"No, the child service department now knows I'm seventeen and legally assigned my aunty as my legal guardian. If I were to run, she'd notify the authorities right away," I explained to them.