breathe

In. Out. Repeat. Lance continues this pattern, trying to focus on his breathing. Remember what to do in this kind of situation Lance. Deep breaths and try to escape.

Escape? Situation?

Welcome to high school where it's all about your secondary gender and about how well you can climb the social ladder. Lance gets stuck in many situations similar to this but just has to struggle his way out of them. Being a male omega is not quite forgiving in the school setting. That's right, Lance is a male omega. One of the very few members of the rarest secondary gender.

Lance was 13 when he presented. He went to his normal 8th grade classes feeling a little bit warmer than usual. He had his normal jokes with his best friend Hunk, listened to Pidge's science inquiries, flirted - fought with his so called frenemy Keith and had his usual interactions with Shiro. After feeling uncomfortable all day at school, Lance went home where he was met with a knowing look from his beta mother and sent to his room for a week where he proceed to go through a week full of torture.

Lance kept it a secret pretty well, he only told Hunk who was a beta and could look out for Lance at school. He also went on suppressants almost immediately so his scent was dimmed and no one could frequently tell. The only issue with the medication is that Lance can't really just forget all of his base instincts so he frequently submits to alpha tormentors like this scenario. When in reality there is only one alpha that Lance has his eyes on, Keith.

The boys met in middle school and quickly became friends via similar interests and a common friend group which consisted of Lance, Hunk, Pidge, Keith, and Shiro. Keith and Lance are very competitive and always made it a goal to 'one up' the other boy. Similar to Lance, Keith presented as an alpha in eighth grade and even though the boys used to be similar in height, Keith took off in height and had a broader stature as compared to Lances thin yet curvy body.

Keith smelled amazing to Lance, and he loved how they could be close friends but there was still competition. Lance knew that Keith was gay, however, he figured that Keith wouldn't have feelings for someone as lanky and dorky as Lance, and if he confessed, Keith might just brush him off like a joke and Lance is so afraid of getting rejected, especially by a close friend like Keith. So no, he will not ruin his friendship by growing feelings towards a certain alpha.

Anyways, back to his situation. Lance was just taking a friendly trip to the bathroom when he was suddenly slammed against the wall. Dizzied Lance looks up and ah, Sendak, an annoying alpha who hears all of the gossip and is a part of Lotor's group, a group that won't take no for an answer and flirts with almost any breathing thing.

"I know your secret McClain." Sendak's whispered in Lances war as he held the boys wrists above his head.

Lance just chuckled, "What secret?"

"You're a little omega aren't you?" Sendak's gaze hardened and he took his finger and trailed it down Lances chin.

Lances heart dropped in his chest. Almost no one knew except his family and Hunk and he was certain Hunk wouldn't expose him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lance responded looking down.

"Don't try to deny it. Look at you submitting to me so well right now. Admit it." Sendak demanded tightening his hold on Lances wrist until it was bruising.

"N-no" Lance whispered back. Yet again Sendak tightened his grip again and Lance was sure that his wrist was fractured. Suddenly, a crash sounded from the hallway and Sendak froze. That was all Lance needed to sneak out of his grasp.

"This isn't over Lance!" Sendak screamed after him but it was too late, Lance had ran.

After escaping the bathroom the bell had rang and Lance snuck into the lunchroom and went to the table that his friends sat at. Hunk arrived first and immediately noticed Lances wrist.

"Lance buddy are you okay?" Hunk asked concerned and cautiously grabbed Lances wrist to which he responded with a wince. While Hunk was examining his wrist, Lance failed to notice Keith arrive who usually got their third.

"Lance. What happened." A deep familiar voice growled.