Conclusion: Birds Of A Feather Stick Together

Stan's ears rung as he opened his eyes, his vision blurry as he attempted to move. His right wing was at an odd angle and pain coursed up and down as he tried to move it. "Ughhh" he groaned, spitting out the horrid coppery taste of blood from his mouth. The portal was broken and most of it laid on the floor in pieces, Bill was no where to be seen either, which was a good sign. The entire structure groaned as it wobbled on the wires holding it in place, wires sparking and sending  fiery sparks all over the place.

Stanford, where was Stanford?

Stan looked around, eyes scanning the room for his twin, gasping as he found him. Ford was on the floor near the door, wings splayed out and one broken badly. he had blood running down his nose and out his ears and he wasn't moving. Stan crawled over to him, his whole body against him, "Stanford?" he whispered as he kneeled down beside him, a sticky wetness running down his lip as his head pounded. Ford didn't answer as he grabbed the six-fingered hand, his own hand shaking as he pressed his fingers against Ford's wrist trying to feel for a heartbeat.

He let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding as he felt the faint beat under his fingertips and he wiped the blood from his nose. After a brief pat down to make sure Ford wasn't injured anymore than the badly broken wing and other minor injuries, he gingerly laid down beside him, waiting for him to wake.

~

A hand touched his face, warm and comforting as it patted him softly. He opened his eyes to see his twin smiling at him from his spot on the floor. Tears ran down his face as Stan started to cry too, "Stanford, you're okay" he cried happily. Ford smiled weakly "Just dandy" he whispered.

Stan chuckled and pulled him into a hug, ignoring the pain radiating from his wing as Stanford wrapped his arms around him and hugged him close, "I'm so sorry" Stan sobbed, burying his face into Ford's rather singed sweater. Ford hushed him. "It's okay now."

"Everything will be okay."