Chapter 8 preview

Chapter 8 

I was late by about twenty minutes now, but I haven't even attempted to move from the locker I was leaning on. Truth is, once I laid my back on the cool metal I stood there staring aimlessly into space wondering what I had just done. I replayed the events in my head so many times, I received a headache and my cheeks grew a dark crimson red. I knew Jade would confront me about the occurrence, and I was dreading it.

Shaking my head as my curls bounced around, I pushed myself off the wall. I tip-toed down the hall, hating the loud clunking noise my shoes were making as I walked alone. Step after step I cringed to myself. It was as the shoe sounds were getting louder, that I could barely hear my own thoughts. Groaning I stopped and crouched down to my feet. Carefully slow I slid the wedges off my feet, and held them in one hand as I continued down the endless hall. Yes, I'll admit it was quiet disgusting walking down the hall bare feet, but it was a whole lot better than clunk clunk.

Once at my locker, I placed my wedges inside and pulled out a pair of black sneakers that had a pair of socks in them. Slipping them on I closed my locker, and headed for my first period class. A few minutes later I had arrived at my destination. Quietly I opened the wooden door as all the eyes in the room switched to me. Automatically everyones' mouths were moving animatedly, gossiping about my new appearance. Some stating how I was trying to hard, how I had horrible taste, or how I was 'hot'.

"Ms. Clears, thank you for joining us today." My physics teacher, Mr. Riceberg, shot me a mocking grin. "Please take your time making it to your seat."

Giving a sheepish smile, I made my way to my seat beside Jade who was glaring at my shoes. I could tell already this class was going to be hell.

------------------------------
-------

I was completely right about the class being hell. My mind was drifting off to Jett, and I could not focus on a single word that came out of my old teacher's mouth. The only words I caught were 'We will be having a pop quiz over this material during the week, prepare yourself.' However my brain didn't focus on those words for to long before it wandered back off to Jett. Stupid Jett and his stupidly amazing body that I had pressed against me an hour ago.

Is it bad I would do it over again?

********* Just a little something to tease y'all with...sorry for a long wait...I have writers block and I'm wondering if (might sound crazy) but someone might wanna work on this book with me??? Any takers? ☺️ If so message me and maybe we can write together!