Chapter 7

An eventful day it was, with jobs to do and fights to survive. And possibly, maybe, some dusting was involved. Crazy as it is, it's the normal routine for some. Wonder what the so-called normal life where everyone laughs, cries, friends and family, no dusting every day, ya, he wonders what it's like. Wishful thinking.

       "Not like it matters anyway." He mumbled. 

      The empty space where all but none exists. Where memories are lost and corrupted, tainted. Where everything seems lost in this pain-filled white. Yet he calls it "Home". Home is still an odd thing to say for him.

        "I could have done many things if I only gave up on trying. No feelings to hold me back, no ties to others to ground me, I could get this done if I only let them go." A bitter laugh, the only sound filling the emptiness. 

    Glitches and static weren't the only things that occupied his mind. It was always the buzzing sound of determination and eagerness. Always have and always will.

     "Wonder how indestructible Ink really is. Maybe he can't be dusted like me? Weird thought, after all, he doesn't have a soul." He found the numbing truth when he couldn't sense anything inside of him. A husk. That is all Ink is. A walking, talking, and breathing husk.  The "emotions" inside of him are only artificial. That's all they are, everyone and everything. A lie.

       The Anti-Void was once again silent when he jumped through a portal. He went to a copy of Undertale. He didn't want too many copies of this place, it's not only physically, but also mentally, painful.

           The Au was generally weird. Before the human even set foot in the mountain he noticed everything was dark. Everyone's mood was dampened and seemed to be filled with false hope. He wonders why it's like this. It doesn't really matter in the end, does it? He sighed as he waited as the humans dusted them one by one. 

      They arrived at the Judgment Hall and he stepped out of the shadows.

     "Thanks for getting rid of them for me, Frisk," He said in a monotone voice. He's said this so many times before, why would now be any different? "Are you ready for your reward?" He offered them a smile.

   They tilted their head before nodding. "All alright, here it is." Blue strings wrapped their soul, strangling it. The Au' Sans was brought down from above, his face showed relief. The sans were glad knowing that this skeleton could end his suffering by getting rid of the human. He was even more glad that he wouldn't have to worry about living on without his brother.

    "Hey, I know you're going to kill me and all, but can I ask a favor?" The sans said weakly. 

       "Why not?" 

         "Can you help me?" Why would he ask that? Error thought he would ask for many things, mercy, money,  power, heck, maybe even to bring his brother back! Why help? He tightened his strings that were latched on Frisk' and sent it to his Home.

       "Alright, hold still." Error walked up to him and patted his shoulder, his glitches flaring a bit. Sans started sobbing, screaming, and yelling "Yes!".

       "It'll be over soon, rest easy." A soul-shattering was heard, and the codes were wiped clean. All that remained was a small puppet that had no design. Just blank. "I'll help you, just like I said." He went back Home.

     He hung the soul up and worked on the puppet, making it look like the Sans, with a smile. They hung together like they should have been. He isn't cruel. 

     Silence again, or, at least that's what Error wants to think. Instead, he heard the loud sound of drops. His tears escaped his eyes. "why was he so willing to die? He should have smiled till the...he did. He smiled when I dusted him. He was happy I took a life, his life! Those Au's always are so cruel and torturous." Error was soon yelling out how it was wrong. All so wrong!

      He kept screaming till his glitching voice became broken pieces and gibberish. It sounds like what he used to speak before, except only pieces of everything.

          "Stop," A voice said. Error didn't listen, he only shook his head. "Stop it wasn't your fault." 

       "That doesn't change the fact that I dusted him! I know he isn't different from any others I've killed, so why do I feel like this?" By now he was starting to calm himself down. Too many emotions for him to handle. Why was this so difficult? Can't he just accept it? "I don't like feeling like killing is a good thing! Whatever the reason may have been, I don't believe killing is good..."

     "So you believe that because you killed, even with his consent, you feel like you did something even worse than killing? That makes so little, yet so much sense. He's at least here with the better side of Frisk. so you don't need to fret over it. Calm down." 

    "Maybe destroying will clear my head, the screams could help chase the thoughts." 

       "And create even more burden for you? I don't-"

        "Ya! You're just a filthy murderer! We can't believe how weak you are, crying over a Sans." The voices came back. Wasn't this going to be fun?

       "I know right, he even wants to destroy to get rid of the feelings! So pathetic" That voice seemed to make error crack his bones, music to his ears.  

"Then why not walk in my shoes for a mile? I would love to see you all get beat up and put in your places. However, I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy, so if you'll excuse me, I would like to leave." He was so done with their complaining. It was like listening to your parents or teachers nag at you for something you had no control over. 

            A small pop-up box appeared in front of him.   

                                                                                      "Free space" 

      A voice whispered to him. What did they mean? What did free space mean? Can it ease his job? His hand hovered over the button for a bit, and on its own accord, it moved away. "Why won't my hand just go down?" He asked himself. He tried it again but met no resistance. 

          I wish I could have done better! I promise to not mess it up this time, Just one more chance. I beg of you!

      No, not again. Why won't it stop? Why will this never end?!

     What do you mean by "give up"? That's the one thing I will never do without a fight!

That voice was so familiar. Why now? He glanced past his hand, the button ever so innocently below it. "It's a trick.....Isn't it? Tell me!" He was upset that the voices wanted to trick him. He never got an answer, unless you don't take laughter for an answer.

            He swiped his hand and made it disappear. "Not again."  He grabbed the journal and flipped through the few pages written in it. In bold, scribbled, like it was written in a hurry, were the words "DON'T PRESS THE BUTTON. IT WILL DELETE SEVERAL WORLDS TO 'FREE SPACE'" 

 He chuckled a bit. Leave it to his body to move on its own to save him from trouble. Lucky him!

      "Maybe I should just stay away from this place for a while. Wonder if Outertale is free?" He thought out loud as he already walked through the portal. He was prepared for many things in his life, but leaving his Home for a few days-maybe weeks- wasn't something he had done many times. Maybe luck wouldn't leave him so soon, maybe it was his turn to see the bright skies he'd heard others speak of.