The Hatred of One

Diamonds POV

I woke up early in the morning to darkness. I looked around, but in all honesty, I can't say that I actually saw anything. It was so dark that I didn't even know if I had turned my head. I stood up and watched as the darkness seemed to melt away, and a new scene started to unfold before me. As this new scene began to play out, I took a shaky step back.

"No." I stood in horror as I watched a younger me stand in front of two coffins as another came to my side.

"You should've died, demon, not them." I looked to the figure standing next to me. He held something in his hand that I couldn't see, but he used it to hit me. I felt blood pour from the right side of my face.

"Disgusting." I fell to my knees, holding my eye as blood continued to pour from the open wound. My grandmother was the only one who came to my aid. She bandaged my head and helped me up. My grandfather turned away from me as the rest of my relatives looked at me with disgust.

"Why do you hate me?" My grandfather walked towards the door and stopped.

"You're of the moon. You're not one of us. " he then walked out, and slowly, my relatives went with him. I looked down, and a hand went on my shoulder.

"Everything is going to be ok." All of a sudden, I was the one looking at the floor. I could feel the wound on my eye pulsing as if it had just happened. My grandmother wrapped me in a hug I didn't return. "I promise everything is going to be ok." Her last words were distorted, and my body felt like it was on fire. I looked up to see everything in flames. My grandmother's face was badly burned, her skin melting off the bone. I tried to scream, but only a hoarse rasp left my mouth. Everything continued to burn, and as I looked up, a board fell from the ceiling.

I jolted awake, breathing heavily and drenched in sweat. I looked around and saw that I was still in the clearing. I looked towards where the fire was last night and saw Gemini, Jaken, and Rin cooking fish around it. I looked down at my trembling hands and felt tears stream down my face. I heard movement on my left, and the Sesshomarus scent filled my lungs.

"Lady Seia often complained to my father about nightmares from her past." I clasped my hands together and held them to my chest, refusing to look at Sesshomaru. "Lady Seia wasn't alone. She had my father's friendship to help her through. I am prepared to do the same for you if need be. " I looked up at him. He was watching Rin and the others before he turned to look at me. I could only nod at his proposal, and he looked away again. "Today you will meditate, and you will continue to do so until nightfall." He turned rather abruptly and moved to where he left his swords. I watched him go and crossed my legs. 'He has no idea what he just offered. No one has stayed my friend for long.'