Chapter 27

It's been 3 days since Harry and I first touched each other, and I've practically had to pry his hands off of me every few minutes.

It's like he just had ice cream for the first time and now he's hooked.

Except instead of ice cream, it's I scream.

Get it?

Nevermind.

He's been really clingy lately and I appreciate the gesture. Mostly because I want to be clingy, but I've been too insecure to show that.

We're both still learning how to act around each other and some days are better than others. Yesterday was an off day for me, but Harry poked at me until he managed to get me out of my shell. It won't always work that way, but lucky for him it did yesterday.

I don't want to push him away, but I get overwhelmed sometimes. I know he does too, he's just better at hiding it and he doesn't shut down nearly as often as I do. Maybe that's something I can learn from him.

That leads me to now, plopped on the couch like a blob fish while Harry is sitting in the old armchair next to me. He's been on his phone, texting people from work for the past hour and I'm kinda over it, but I've been trying to keep my mouth shut.

I know there's a lot going on and a lot he has to figure out, but I wish that he could talk to me about it or at least not ignore me. I know he's not trying to, but I'm lonely.

I move to lay upside down on the couch so that my head is dangling off of the front and I swing my legs so they hit against the top of the back.

Wow his ceiling is tall. Like super tall.

"What are you doing?" Harry's voice interrupts my ceiling inspection and I turn my head to see him staring at me under his brows.

"On a scale of one to ten... How much trouble would I be in if I broke your phone? Hypothetically, of course." I say when I turn my head back to trace the ceiling patterns with my eyes.

"Ten, smartass."

"Perfect, cause I trip a lot and I might just accidentally do it when your phone is in my hand."

Harry laughs lowly and I can see him shaking his head out of the corner of my eye. I assume that he's going to go right back to his phone, but he gets off of the chair and walks over to the couch.

He sits at first, but then spins so he's upside down on the couch with me. I giggle at his gesture and he smiles a bright grin back at me.

"What's up?" He laughs.

God, I love his laugh.

"Not us." I laugh back, only harder than he was because I'm fucking hilarious. He gives me a mock glare, fighting his laughter for a moment before he can't hold it in anymore.

"That was so stupid!" He places his hands over his face to hide the red that has creeped its way up to flush his skin.

We laugh for a few moments before our fits eventually die down, leaving us catching our breath and trying to stop smiling before our cheeks start to burn.

"Why are we sitting like this?" Harry giggles while staring at the ceiling with me.

"I needed another point of view." I shrug.

"Of the ceiling? I mean, to each their own, but this is boring." He whines and wiggles to make himself more comfortable.

"I like architecture. I think it's beautiful what people can create, and I wanted to see it from this spot on the couch. Life is all about perspective, you know?" I turn to him and raise an eyebrow, and he gives me a soft smile.