Panic

Trigger warning: Panic attacks (only minor), amongst some swears, mystery sickness because this is a fanfiction??
---------------
"A keeper, hm?"

Zane continued to munch on his cereal, lost in his thoughts. With a small shrug, the boy stands with his dishes, and rinses them before gently placing them in the sink.

Kai awoke next, mumbling about how his back was hella sweaty, and that he'd kill Jay when he woke up. That was amusing.

Then Lloyd, then Jay, but Cole still hadn't woken up. Okay, nothing to worry about, Cole always was a late sleeper. This time he just, uh, happened to sleeping in later than usual, that's all.

Yet the worry that creeped into mind didn't cease. In fact, it begun growing, and while he knew it was probably unnecessary, Zane strode up the stairs to his (what even were they now? Boyfriends? Crushes?) Well, Cole.

When he saw that Cole kicked off the sheets, his panic spiked. Cole hates sleeping without a blanket. Immediately, Zane speedwalked, and laid the back of his palm on Cole's head.

Cole was burning up.

"Misako? Guys, do you have a thermometer?"

God, even with a fever, Zane couldn't even keep calm about him. No one replied. He checked out the door. They had gone out for groceries. It was only Zane and Cole in the house.

Even in a state of panic, he knew he had to relax. But how? Okay.. atleast it's just a small fever, right? Nothing serious, hopefully?

"Hey, Cole? Can you open your eyes for me d-darling?"

Ouch, gotta work on that later, this is new and all-

"Mhm.... Zane.. s'too warm in here... can't... too hot..."

Oh God.

"Stay here, okay? I'm gonna go get a thermometer."

"No.. don't leave, please.."

"Cole, I'm sorry, I have to for now, okay? I promise I'll be back."

And onto the race we go.
-----------
I know how much y'all have been wanting this chapter, and since its Thanksgiving, my gay ass thought 'ynow what? Gay ninjas today.'
Sorry y'all had to wait for so long, enjoy in agony as we wait to find out, why is Cole sick?