3: The end

—————— ————— ⤪——————————————— ——— 

The smell of blood trailed out of the door. Steph came up behind me and gagged slightly at the reek. I sensed she covered her face, hearing the fabric of her cloak move.

This isn't... no, it can't be.

I gulped and slowly stepped into the house. The foulness grew stronger at every step I took going deeper into the house. Steph held onto my cloak tightly, "What happened..."

I shook my head, unable to respond. I wish I knew the answer.

I walked into a glass cup that laid shattered on the floor of the kitchen. Someone else was here...

"Steph, let go for a second," I said softly.

"Huh?"

She let go of me. I took out my ax for protection and walked down the hallway in the direction of the cellar. I stopped, noticing bloodstains laying on the door.

No no no no no...

Rushing down the stairs and into the cellar I stood there in silence. I dropped the ax and fell to my knees.

The white lab coat my mother wore every day was drenched in a pool of blood lying underneath her body. Her glasses had been cracked. The light in her eyes were completely gone. Not to far off was my father. He had a knife wound that was directly below his stomach, blood casually flowing out.

I crawled over to my mother, grasping onto her hand.

Cold.

So Cold.

No pulse.

Nothing.

They were just lifeless dolls now. Covered in wounds and blood.

I pressed her hand to my forehead and tears started dripping from my eyes and down my cheeks. I cling onto her hand tightly, hoping this was all just a dream. No, a nightmare. Why did this happen? Keep us safe? I... I don't understand...

I heard soft steps coming from the doorway. I looked up as tears continue to fall down and see Steph in shock. Her mouth hung open at the scene that unfolds in front of her.

"S-Steph... why? What did they do wrong? Who would do this..." I stuttered.

Steph clenched her jaw, "(y/n)--,"

"WHY?" I screamed out loud. My sobs were uncontrollable. I continued to scream out the pain. What now? What is the purpose now... We're still children, how are we suppose to...

"Be who you are now. Continue to do what you love. Some day, there will be a chance for you to find out the truth, but right now isn't the time,"

Why am I remembering this now?

My chest hurts...

I let go of my mother's hand, placing it on the ground and grabbed onto her lab coat. She just wanted to live a peaceful life...

I wiped my tears with my sleeves, however, that didn't stop the tears.

"(y/n), I hear something. We need to go before anything else happens..." Steph said, holding in her sobs.

I shook my head, "I'm not leaving them here,"

"(y/n), we have to go!"

"NO STEPH! I-IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Steph grabbed onto my shoulders. I looked up at her with wide eyes, seeing the rage in her eyes with tears trying to escape, "We have to,"

"No... no..."

She sighed, biting down on her lower lip. She got up and started dragging me out of the room.

"STEPH! STOP! NO! STOP!"

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... I'm sorry..."

"STEPH PLEASE!"

...

...

...

—————— ————— ⤪——————————————— ———