Ten [Edited]

"Alright Harry, we're going to do a practice push," the doctor tells me. I nod as they have me push a bit. "Alright stop," he tells me. 

The door is swung open and Leo walks in. His hair is tied up and under some sort of cover-up. He has gloves and a protective suit. His mask is tightly around his face.

"erm no- I do this delivery," He snaps, going over to where the unknown doctor was. He sits down on the stool as the other ob-gyn walks out grumpily. 

I breathe through my contractions, thriving as each contraction comes right after another. 

"Harry push till 10," he tells me. I push down as my head flies to my chest. I push as long as I can before breathing in a raspy breath then pushing again. 

"Great job, relax," he tells me. I whimper and I look at Louis. He has a worried look in his features. He cups my hand and kisses the back of it. 

"Push hard," he says. I push as hard as I can, letting out low screams. "The baby's crowning," the doctor says. 

I breathe out in sections. All I hear is 'push, push push!' I push as hard as I possibly can. "Harder!" The doctor says. I push to the point my face is reddish. "Relax," he says. 

"The heads out,". "I can't, I can't" I whimper. "Yes, baby, you can. Just a few more pushes," Louis says. "A few?!" I exclaim. I groan as I'm told to push again. 

"The shoulders are out, one last big push," the doctor says. I breathe in and out, each breath as a low whimper to it. My brains tries to work out what will happen after I give birth. 

I push for what seems like an eternity, I can feel the first baby come out. I let out a sigh of relief. I hear a baby cry as I lower my head onto the back pillow. 

They place the baby onto my chest. They take a damp towel and wipe off the girl. I try to catch my breath as I examine her thoroughly. "There's one," I comment. I look up at Liam and Niall. 

Niall is weeping as Liam looks like he just gave birth. Louis is gently rubbing the back of my head. They place a dry towel over her. 

"We're going to pop the amniotic sack and you'll have to push again. But first, we have to have you deliver her placenta," they tell me. 

They push in my stomach a bit. "Push down lightly," they tell me. I do as I'm told. "Okay, the placentas out,". 

I breathe slowly in an out. I'm exhausted. 

No, I'm way more than exhausted. 

A few minutes pass before they tie The umbilical cord about a few inches from the girl's belly button. "One you guys want to cut the cord?" They ask Niall and Liam. 

Liam walks up and takes the scissors from the nurse. He listens to her very carefully before cutting the cord. 

"We're going to pop your water," The nurse tells. I prepare myself before nodding. I feel a gush and I'm hit with a contraction. "Aw, you fucker!" I yell in pain. 

I mutter things over and over again. 

I squeeze Louis's hand. He squirms from my touch. 

That's right, I'm strong Lou. 

"Alright, push Harry," they tell me. I push the hardest I can, just so then the pains over faster. 

Nothing. 

I groan as I realize this will be harder than last time. 

I try to breathe as each contraction hits harder than last time. I can hardly breathe without yelling a curse word. 

"Push!" The doctor exclaims. I push letting out loud grunting noises. "He's crowning,". Tears roll down my eyes as pain ripples through my stomach and groin. 

"Shh, calm down love," Louis coos. "I can't. I'm so tired. It hurts so bad!" I whine. "One last baby for now," Louis says. 

I snap my head his direction at his wording. "For now?!" I question. I get hit with a contraction as my head flies back. The nurse pushes my head up as I push. 

"There's the head!" They exclaim. 

I try to breathe more calmly, my mind trying to comprehend what the hell Louis meant. 

I let out a scream as I feel the boy slip out of me. His cries echo the room. My head flies back in exhaustion. They place him on my chest and wipe him off with a damp towel then a dry towel like they did the girl. 

I watch as they insert a needle into my upper thigh. "That will help the bleeding, so you don't bleed too much," Louis tells me. I nod, he read my mind. 

They have my deliver the placenta, this time, Niall cuts the cord. They feel around my stomach to make sure they're no more babies. 

When they don't find anything wrong, they continue their normal procedure. 

They wipe down my cooch and have me sit up a bit. They lower my legs a bit. They take the babies away and go to weigh them. 

"Do you guys have names?" The doctor asks them. 

"For the girl, Angelica, Angie for short. For the boy, Logan," Liam explains, since Niall is full-on weeping. 

Louis covers me in a blanket, my lower half at least. He ties my hair into a bun. He wipes the sweat off my forehead. "You did it, you had their babies!" Louis exclaims. I smile sheepishly. 

They had Niall the boy and girl. I watch Niall carefully as he's instructed on how to breastfeed. 

I never actually realized how hard it would be to leave them. Well, I'm not leaving them, they're going to their parents. But, I knew this would happen. I would get attached and then hate the fact that Niall and Liam are taking them home. 

I just need to work on myself right now. Mostly working on how I see myself and my marriage. 

I feel so many emotions, it's hard to realize exactly which one I'm feeling. 

But I can tell you one thing.

I'm going to get what Louis meant by "for now," outta him. 

And soon. 

Well.

No.

Later.

———————-

What do you think Louis meant by what he said? Is he finally coming around? Or does he mean something else? 

-Gx