Year Four

Engaged
Flower of the Sands <rebeltigress@gmail.com>

23/03/2026 4:43PM
To: pirateprince@gmail.com

Ben, I know you said everything was going to be okay, but it's not.

Baba has announced it publicly. He's betrothed me to that vile man! Baba is not himself; he never would have done this a few years ago, something is wrong!

I feel sick, and I don't know what to do. Even after Al attacked him, he still wants to marry me, and I'm scared he'll try to make me get rid of Al after the ceremony. I'm not sure he'll be able to, I hope not. With luck, I'll be left with some semblance of autonomy. He gave me a ring, it's hideous to behold, and I hate it!

Whatever it is you're scheming, please do it soon, I don't want to marry him. I wish I had more choices before me. Everything is just...wrong.

I just thought you should know what's happening. I'm sorry.

I've included the translation of the photo of the manuscript you sent me, I finished it before the announcement so it should be sound. I don't want to know what you need it for, or where you got it.

I love you,

Yaz

______________________________________________________________________________

~BIRTHDAY GURL~
Captain Ben <pirateprince@gmail.com>

19/06/2026 11:14AM
To: rebeltigress@gmail.com

Yaz, listen to me.

Everything is going to be alright; I promise you it will. I know I've been saying that for the last three months, but I'm serious, okay? I'm going dark one more time, just one, and then I'm coming to get you out of there. I don't care if this guy has a freaking tank, I'm stealing you away. This last job, it's big, but it should only take a month. After that I'll be coming directly to Raghba, I'm coming for you. I promise I won't let you down.

Happy Birthday, by the way!

You know you're halfway to 50 now right?? I know, I know, you're going to hit me for that one, couldn't resist.

There should be a parcel arriving today, your birthday present, I timed it right this year! (God, please let me have timed it right.) This one isn't that unusual or historically unique like the others have been, but I knew you'd like it as soon as I saw it!

So, just hang in there a little longer, beautiful, and I'll see you soon.

Spend the day with Al, he'll keep you smiling. Happy birthday, Yaz.

Forever yours,

Ben