47

Richie's POV

I ran home, faster than I had ever run before, which wasn't very fast and ended with me nearly collapsing in the entry of my house.

I was not a runner, I never have had good stamina but besides that I had been smoking a lot more frequently.

My gasps for air attracted the attention of my mother.

"Richie what the hell-" she stopped when she saw me hunching over and supporting myself by a windowsill.

"Stop being so pathetic Richard and get your ass up, I told you smoking was going to kill you," she scolded, but I knew she didn't mean anything too harshly.

I knew that because she didn't know I was gay, so I was still a good kid in her eyes, minus the smoking and occasional drinking.

"What were you doing in the cold?" she asked even though I was still in the middle of calming down my heartrate.

I just shrugged but didn't say anything.

"Wait...are you crying?"

Shit.

I reached up to my face. Sure enough, tears had been streaming down my face. Way to go Rich.

"Rich, what's wrong?" she sounded so worried. I wanted her to still be worried for me, to care for me, even if I was gay.

I reached forward and hugged her, I usually never hugged my mom, but I needed it. I buried my head into her sweater.

She was surprised at my hug, but rubbed my back soothingly.

"Don't get my sweater all full of snot."

Humor.

The Tozier fall back.

I was crying hardcore now. Just being a pathetic little bitch like usual.

"Mom?" I choked out.

She didn't answer but I knew she was listening.

I didn't know exactly what I even wanted to ask her.

What's your stance on homosexuals? Would you still love me if I liked to kiss boys instead of girls? Am I going to get kicked out of the house if I date a boy?

What was I supposed to ask? What was going to make me feel better?

"Mom..." I said again, "I think...I think I should tell you something," I couldn't believe I was actually going to do this.

I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Okay," she said and continued to rub my back, "spill the beans."

I drew in a shaky breath and broke away from her arms. From the safety I had felt.

"But...I think you might hate me for it...I don't think you would... love me anymore..." I was so fucking scared.

My mother furrowed her brows and gently placed a hand on my cheek. She wiped away some tears that had just fallen from my eyes.

"You can't keep whatever is on your mind in forever Richie," she said softly.

Watch me my subconscious screamed.

"You don't have to tell me right now, okay?"

I nodded and sniffed.

"Alright, now go clean up and get ready for supper before your father comes home," she pointed me upstairs.

I nodded again and trudged upstairs.

-----

Some more fluff. I know exactly how the rest of this book is going to do and don't worry, it will take quite a bit more chapters.

Your stuck with me for probably another week unless I obsessively write nonstop over the weekend.