Chaos

We gates of the prison flung open. Rick pulls in and parks the car after the second gate. Maggie closes the gates and we get out of the car. Rick sprints over to Maggie and I do the same. "Carl, Judith, are they okay?"

"Yeah, where's Carol?" She answered while looking at the both of us.

"Glenn, Hershel, Sasha?" Rick then questioned.

"Yeah, it's bad, but they're fighting it, Daryl's not back yet."

Rick starts walking towards the car and I follow along. "Rick, Angela, where's Carol?"

I turn around. "It was her." I said. Rick walked over to Maggie as I stayed behind. "She killed Karen and David...... she was trying to stop it from spreading. Tyreese will be back here soon, so I didn't thing she should be here. And I couldn't have her here. She has a car, supplies, she'll figure it out. I'll tell your dad, but don't tell anyone else yet." He explained. I knew he regretted taking her away but it was for the best. Tyreese would kill her if he found out. He was going to kill Rick.

"Okay." Maggie agreed.
"Would you have brought her back?" Rick asked.

"She said she did it?" Maggie asked.

"Yeah."

"Then you were right to send her away. I don't know if I could've." She said. I walked up next to Rick. "You could have, Maggie. You've done harder things." I said.

"Don't doubt yourself, you don't get to anymore." Rick finished and started getting in the car. I started walking to the car to get in too.

"Rick, the cluster is getting bigger than the one that took that other fence down. We need to do something." She said while sounding worried.

"We will." Rick said while closing the car door.

•••

Rick wanted me to come with him to see Carl today. Sometimes I think Rick is losing it like before. He seems distant and different lately. Maybe it's everything that has happened the past couple days with Karen and David. Also the fight with Tyreese.

We walk in and Rick calls for Carl. I hold a new comic book in my hand Carl would like. Rick had to call his name a few times before Carl comes around the corner. "You okay?" Carl asks.

"I was gonna ask you that." Rick said.

"We're fine." Carl said. He is really bummed bout not being able to help. I understand that. I want to help to but he is still too young. "No ones sick?" Rick asks.

Carol explains how he hasn't used his gun and Judith is okay with Beth. Rick explains everything that's in the bag and slides it over to him. I then slide the comic book over. "Thought you would like that sense your cooped up in here all the time." I said.

He laughed. "Thank you."

"No problem bud."

Rick and I were about to leave when Carl speaks up. "Will we be able to come out soon?" He asks.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Rick says.

"Dad, I was around you when you were in the middle of it. And I was around Patrick. I didn't get it. I could help you."

"Thanks but. I need you to stay here."

"I will, but you can't keep me from it."

"From what?" Rick asks.

"From everything that's happening." Carl explains.

"Yeah.... maybe. But I think it's my job to try." Rick says while existing the room. I shrug my shoulders "I'm sorry. But he won't even let me help. Your strong, I know you are and we can get through this."

He nods his head and I wave and leave the room after Rick.

•••

I'm in my cell organizing everything like guns, and all the new supplies I have. I hear a knock on the wall. I open the curtain to see Andrea. "Hey." I said remembering what Merle said to me the other day. "Hey."she said. "May I come in."

I nod my head and let her in. She takes a seat and I sit next to her. "What's up?" I ask.

She smiles, "I never thought this would happen, but I'm giving Merle and chance."

"Like you're together?" I asked while smiling.

"Yes!" She says.

"Congratulations!" I say and hug her.

She tells me how he did it. He found Cherokee roses and gave her some. I always thought Andrea hated Merle but he changed for us. He changed for his brother and for a life. And now he's with Andrea.

Andrea and I talk for a while until it's dark. She decides to go to bed and I decide to wait until Rick gets to bed. I set out clothes to wear to bed and hear gunshots outside. I quickly grab my knife and handgun and quickly run outside towards the gun shots. I see a hoard of walkers coming toward Rick and Carl. I grab an automatic rifle and start helping them. We walk backwards getting away from them. Rick and Carl run out of ammunition. I grab some and toss it to them.

We finish the hoard of walkers. And went to discover what happened inside. We heard gunshots inside while we were busy killing walkers. We run inside to see the door busted open. This would be my first time in the infected cell block. We walk in and see blood everywhere. Glenn was sick and passed out. Hershel almost got bit along with Lizzie.

For the most part everyone was okay.

(Edited)