Extra- The First Christmas

Bright red berries covered the otherwise bare tree, seeming to be blanketed in white snow.  The rest of the garden was lined with soft, untouched powder.  The scene appeared to be a crystalline, a perfect picture captured in time.

Hane was pulled from her trance-like state when she felt strong hands press on her shoulders. She leaned back, looking up to meet a pair of kind, translucent orbs.  He smiled at the woman with a faint red hue on his nose, crisped by the chill in the winter air.

"Welcome home." Hane said softly, closing her onyx orbs and kissing his thin lips lightly.  Neji turned the girl around in his embrace, giving her a more passionate kiss before letting her go, her hot breath seen in the chilled air.

"Do you want to go out later, Hane?" The dark-haired man asked, pulling a silky strand behind his ear.

The girl was surprised at his question.  The couple had only been out together two or three times since they were wed about nine months earlier.  Nonetheless, she nodded eagerly, her smile beaming brightly.

-----------------

Pulling on a thick, blue dress and leggings, Hane felt her stomach flutter excitedly.  Though her and Neji's marriage had been arranged for the Hyuga and Azayaka Clans future prosperity, she felt that she was lucky to be wed to such an honorable man.

Suddenly, the girl released a squeal as strong arms wrapped around her thin waist tightly, lifting her from the ground.

"Neji!" She cried, though she was unable to stifle her laughter.

Neji chuckled lightly, finally setting her small feet back onto the wooden floor as he examined her bright red cheeks.  If the couple's peculiar relationship were to be described in stages of a normal couple's passionate 'progression,' the two of them could finally be considered to have passed the stage of meeting and establishing a personal relationship in the first place.  When they went into the Leaf Village, others could clearly see that they were together, and if they didn't, Neji wouldn't hesitate to make that fact known.  However, no one really understood that they were married besides the consideration of the silver bands on their fingers.

But there were three words that Neji seemed hesitant to say, and they were the same three words that Hane wanted to hear most.

"Are you ready?" The brunette asked, holding out a strong, sturdy hand for the girl to take.

She nodded, biting her lip to contain the excitement that she possessed. After a short, quiet winter walk into the bustling center of the Leaf Village, the sun had just finally set beyond the horizon.  Lined with smooth rocks and a number of villagers anticipating the magnificence soon to come, a remarkably massive evergreen tree was planted neatly.  Hundreds of various colored orbs and ribbons hung from the branches, though the spectacle was difficult to observe in the hardly present light.

Hane felt Neji squeeze her hand, so she turned to meet his softened white eyes, accompanied with a kind and assuring smile.  The white-haired girl responded with a smile.  Her calmness was interrupted with a flash of bright light, illuminating the entire Village with a brilliant glow.

This highlighted the beauty of the Leaf Village during the Christmas season, and this was the first that Hane was able to observe this scene.  It presented both a beautiful appearance, and a truly wonderful aura of the enjoyable time: the kindness of the villagers, the unique, loveable personalities, and the whole family that the Village truly was.

"It's almost Christmas, Hane." Neji said softly, causing the woman to look back at him curiously.  "And honestly, I'm really happy that you're here to spend it with me."