Chapter One:

'Alanine, stop!'
'Hahahah nope!' I giggled as I played fight with my long standing boyfriend, Alfie. We have been together since the end of Year 9, the 'it couple' that everyone wishes to be. Honestly I don't know what I did to deserve this gorgeous human being.
I stopped tickling him all of sudden, thinking about what life was like before Alfie came along. It was pretty crappy. I was bullied throughout the entire secondary school because of my disability.

You see, I'm profoundly deaf, meaning that I lost 99.9% of my hearing and I have to resort to hearing devices to help me hear. No one wanted to come near to the weird deaf girl all thanks to one particular person. Chloe Golding. Your average blonde, bitchy and beautiful popular girl who 'runs the yeargroup' Everyday I used to wish that my school should have put me in the year below as my birthday is 31st of August. After a unfortunate incident on our Year 6 induction day, Chloe made it her upmost priority to make my life a living hell. Chloe was the one who spread the rumour that I had meningitis (everyone knew it as a disease where you die) and it was the cause for my deafness so people tended to stay the hell out of my way. So for the first two years, I learned to enjoy my own company.

Year 9 was the year that I met Alfie, my saviour, the love of my life...
'Alanie, you ok?' he asked me, his brows furrowed, obviously confused. I snapped out of my daydream, my cheeks heating up. Was I really day dreaming for that long? I looked into his crystal blue eyes, I smiled happily. 'Yeah, no I'm cool'
'I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you' I gave Alfie a squeeze on his arm. His cherry red plump lips stretched into a enormous grin, exposing his pearly white teeth. 'Aww, Alanie' he gave me a massive bear hug. I responded by giving him a equally massive bear hug. After a few moments, I pulled away and looked into those memorising eyes again then his lips then his eyes again. He looked at me with a knowingly smile, and slowly leaned in for a kiss. His lips crashed against mine, with his tongue darting in and out furiously, intertwining with my tongue.