NOLA | 4

Bruh I never thought I'd be the kind of author on here that struggles to update. I put so much effort into my content and building an audience, it just sucks that I'm going thru this on you guys. I'm sorry I have writers block. I'm sorry I take long to produce. I got all these ideas...all these books behind the scenes but no motivation to sit down and write them. To think I used to post 4 parts a day...

Now I just feel like I'm forever in this shit where I can't write and the only thing I'm worried about is...losing you guys and those who support me.💔
–Tay

Enjoy this part though. Sorry for the wait.

~ Chapter Four ~Trouble________________________________________________________February 4th (That Saturday)Thomas Seafood New Orleans, LA

~ Chapter Four ~
Trouble
____________________________
February 4th (That Saturday)
Thomas Seafood
New Orleans, LA

Montrell
13:03 hours

Picking at his fingernails, Montrell hung his head to side as he sat at the store's register in boredom. It's been a slow day, even slower than yesterday. In his mind, he questioned the sudden change in orders and just customers in general. His father arguably had the best seafood to offer in all of St. Claude and they'd usually be running wild with orders by now.

Hearing his brother boo-loving on the phone back towards the kitchen, he heard someone else coming up behind him. After turning around to see his father rolling up in his wheelchair, Montrell greeted him with his eyes. The sight of him still gave Montrell chills, seeing him look so defeated physically.

"Hey, afternoon. I had to get away from that boy for a moment–talking nonsense with that luh girl on the phone. I told em to go be a man and go get that part I need fo the car" Keon said with a mild face of disgust. "I's remember when you and Beatrice were in that phase though. Her and that white boy and you and that Nia girl. She actually came by a few months ago, asked how you were doing, too. She was lookin' real plump like she done gain some weight"

Casted with an interested look in his eye, Montrell dismissed his thoughts on the matter to adjust his slumped position. Going back to displaying his boredom, his father read his body language and sighed as he looked towards the empty lobby. "I guess it's no secret to us going broke. It's been slow ever since them hoodrats started messin' with folks. People are afraid to even come by, and that is why all of the businesses around started to take a hit in customers. I um–....I have to be honest with you"

Montrell turned around, giving him his undivided attention. Keon sighed. "When business started getting slow, I had to start dipping into the money"

A fire instantly ignited within his son's eyes after his confession. That money was for emergencies. He even planned to start dipping into that money himself in order to get a place of his own soon.

"It wasn't that much. I'm sorry but they would've shot up the store if I didn't give them at least something. Look at me, Montrell. Look at this chair. This is because I didn't give in the first time.....I had no choice" The 47 year-old's emotions got the best of him as he pointed down to his crippled legs. "Doctors said they don't know if I'll ever walk again, Montrell. So you better believe...I–....I got in line after that"