Nineteen

Elliot

Elliot shot awake, sweat pouring down his forehead as he slowly sat up in his bed. He covered his eyes with his hand and glanced around the room. It was four in the morning and he seemed to be only one up as he took a look at Alessando and Laya who were sound asleep beside him. The nightmare he had, had been one that continued to reoccur over the course of the year he'd spent at the orphanage. He throw the blanket back gently and walked towards the balcony.

The night was silent and in the darkness he could clearly see stars glittering in the night sky. He shivered as he remembered what memory had woken him up. He was back with Sir, in his room at the orphanage and Sir had taken it upon himself to discipline him for being disrespectful when he refused to do his chores. Elliot had shot awake when Sir had grabbed his pants and pulled them down.
Quickly, Elliot wiped the lone tear that had fallen from his eyes as he leaned against the railing, the cool night breeze brushing against his cheeks.

He looked up at the sky, the expense of blue and wondered where his parents and sister were. We're they up there? Were they looking after him? He missed them terribly. The car accident had taken their lives, lives cut too short and Elliot sniffled at the memory of his sister Sophie. He'd grieved, for her; she had been his best friend, his confident and most of all his big sister. He remembered the night they died as if it were yesterday. They were supposed to be going out to dinner that night  and Elliot had spent the day with his then best friend.

However, on the way over to pick him up a drunk driver had a collision with his families car, killing them all instantly. It had been the worst night of his life when the police had come knocking to tell him the bad news. He'd planned their funeral and picked their casket with flowers and he watched them being lowered into the ground. He was sent to the orphanage the next day.

"It's cold," he heard Alessando's voice from behind him.
Elliot shrugged, he felt Alessando directly behind him and leaned into him gently.
"Did I wake you?" Elliot asked.
Alessando shook his head, "What's on your mind?"
"Why are you guys out here?" Elliot heard Laya's soft whisper.
Elliot felt Alessando wrap his arms around him and he sighed, "I was thinking about my family."

Elliot noticed Laya lean against him, her soft chocolate brown eyes offering him the warmth in the cold night. Elliot wiped the tears before they fell and retold the story. Both Laya and Alessando offering their support and comfort.
"I know you miss them." Alessando kissed his forehead gently, "but always remember that they love you and somewhere out there, they're looking after you."

Elliot felt Laya entwine their fingers before kissing his shoulder blade.
"Come on. It's cold." She shivered.
"Let me cuddle you on our bed."
Elliot cracked a smile at her before following her inside. Soon Elliot was wrap in Laya's arms and he sighed before looking over towards Alessando who was still out on the balcony. His back was to them and Elliot watched as he bent his head into his hands and dug into his pocket

Elliot watched as Alessando took a puff of cigarette and he looked at Laya who'd fallen asleep. He couldn't help himself as he got one last glimpse of his man before he drifted asleep.

~*~

Elliot looked over the computers, as he upgraded the security system. Allegro had bought him new equipment as per request and Elliot couldn't be happier as he played with his new toys. He had access to the cameras all around the compound and as he revised all the feeds he saw the figure of a woman on the outside of the wall. He immediately zoomed in to see Malia. She was waving into the camera and Elliot frowned before calling Allegro.

"Do I tell the guards to let her in?" He asked.
Allegro rolled his eyes, "I'll let the others know she's here. She was supposed to stay at the safe house we left her at."
"Yeah. I'll tell some of my men to meet her by the gate and lead her into the common area."
Elliot connected to the guards at the front gate and relayed the message. He left the room shortly after and met Laya in the kitchen with Alessando and Greece who was holding Adriano-Brio.

"Who's at the gate?" Greece asked as she rubbed her son's back.
"Malia." He looked over towards Alessando.
His expression mirrored one of annoyance, "She wasn't supposed to leave the safe house."
Greece pursed her lips, "Maybe it was compromised. Isn't Romani still looking for her?"
Alessando nodded before leaving the kitchen and Laya looked on, a frown to her lips.

"You saw her at the gate?" Laya asked.
Elliot nodded, "Should have left her outside."
Greece cackled at Laya's response before following Alessando out the room.
Elliot walked towards the common area where three of their men were leading Malia inside. Alessando was standing beside Allegro and Elliot watched as Malia stepped towards them before rushing towards Alessando and wrapping her arms around him.

Elliot clenched his jaw at the action, before Alessando gently patted her back. Elliot noticed Laya roll her eyes.
"What are you doing here?" Allegro asked, "The safe house....."
Malia shook her head, "I don't know. I felt unsafe. I can hear cars driving past, at three in the morning."
Elliot gave Laya a look, "So you thought, you'd leave in broad daylight to come here?" Alessando asked.

Malia sighed, "It wasn't the best idea. But I was scared Alessando."
Elliot watched her reach up and touch Alessando's cheek. The action made Elliot's blood boil, why was she touching what wasn't hers?
"Malia." Allegro began.
"Take a seat."
Elliot watched the woman do as she was told before she caught sight of Elliot and Laya and she frowned.

Elliot narrowed his eyes at her before he walked towards Alessando.
"I don't like her." He snapped.
Alessando kissed his head, "I'm aware."
Allegro nodded towards them telling them to follow him.
"I don't believe her." Allegro began.
"I have men posted outside that safe house at all hours of the night. They haven't reported any sounds of cars."

"Then why lie?" Elliot thought out loud.
Alessando stepped up, "She wanted an excuse to see me."
"I've been avoiding her calls."
"She's been calling you?" Laya nearly screeched.
"She said she'd show up and well here she is."
Elliot rolled his eyes, "I vote we send her back."
"Seconded." Laya pointedly agrees.
Allegro lifted his hand, "No not yet. Alessando go talk to her."

Elliot gives him a look, "Can I......"
"Alone." Allegro finished before walking out the room.
Elliot frowns, this woman better be gone by the end of the night.