magical herbs

"EARTH GROWN HERBS, A WITCHES BREW,
YOUR ENERGY MAKES MY DREAMS COME TRUE.
HEARKEN TO MY DEEP DESIRE
AMIDST THE CANDLES RADIANT FIRE
HERBS OF LUCK, PROSPERITY,
HEED MY CALL AND BRING TO ME
FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE AND SECURITY
AS I WILL SO MOTE IT BE!"

Nature has provided a veritable magical pantry in the plants which grow all over our planet. Since ancient times these plants have been used for magick- the practice of causing change by natural powers.
Through the medicinal properties of plants are fairly known- many or the most widely prescribed drugs are synthesized versions of substances originally derived from plants- their occult powers are less accessible. Much of their magick still lies in of shadow of secrecy.
Our ancestors knew that plants had mysterious, magickal powers. Although the magick in herbs has been forgotten by many, it never disappeared. Return to the days when nature spirits dwelled in sacred groves and fairies danced in flower gardens............

Four all purpose spells:
These spells should be done outside, they are related to the four elements. Each spell can be used for any magickal need, alone or in conjunction with other spells.

Earth Spell
Place the appropriate herbs in a bag and take it to a wild place. With your hands dig a small hole in the Earth and pour the herbs into it. Visualize your need strongly. Cover your herbs and leave the area. It is done.

Air Spell
Stand in an open place atop a hill or mountain, far from tall trees, buildings, and other hills. Hold the appropriate herbs in your power hand and facing north blow a little of them to that direction. Turn East and repeat, then south. At the west blow all the herbs from your hand. Visualize strongly your need, stating it in words if you wish.

Fire Spell
Write or make a symbol of you need on a piece of paper cut into a triangle. While visualizing your need, place the appropriate herbs in the center of the paper and crumble it tightly so that the herbs are trapped inside the paper. Anoint with oils if you wish. Build a roaring fire in an outside pit or fireplace. Through the herb packet into the fire. As it touches the flames firmly visualize your need. Continue to do so until the packet has been consumed by flames.

Water Spell
Take the appropriate enchanted herbs to a river, spring, lake or seashore. Hold them tightly in your power hand and visualize your need. With sweeping motion, scatter the herbs onto the water. The power has been sent.

Kitchen Herbs

*Anise* Planet: Mercury/Jupiter Element: Air Main magickal uses: Contacting other planes, divination, love, passion, preventing nightmares, protection, psychic development, psychic protection, purification Other magickal uses: Clairvoyance, cleansing, consecration, fertility, gain, good luck, happiness, money, weddings Lore: Paul Beyerl attributes anise to Mercury and Apollo, and suggests that it be partnered with amber stones for best effect.

*Basil* Planet: Mars Element: Fire Main magickal uses: Consecration, divination (esp. about love), exorcism, fertility, fidelity, good luck, happiness, harmony, love, money, passion, peace, prosperity, protection, psychic development, psychic protection, purification, strength, success, tranquility Other magickal uses: Clairvoyance, commanding, courage, dragons, grieving, hatred, honesty, Imbolc, initiation, inspiration, invokation, prevents theft, rituals for the dead, spell-breaking Lore: Paul Beyerl says that basil is attractive to dragons, salamanders, and other fire-oriented creatures. It is sacred to the Hindu god Vishnu and his avatar, Krishna. Magickal herbals occasionally refer to it as St. Joseph's Wort. Many cultures used basil in herbal medicine, which is not covered in this article.