8.

[tate]
"jack?"
"gabs?"
i looked into gabbie's room and saw them both cuddled next to each other fast asleep. i smiled. jack's arm was around gabbie as her head was snuggled in his chest. it was adorable. i changed into my clothes as i heard a knock at my door.
"oh sorry"
i turned around to jack rubbing his eyes.
"it's ok" i said slipping my shirt over my head.
"tate it's early where are you going?"
my body froze as i turned back around to him grabbing my backpack.
"i have to study for my upcoming test" i murmured.
i tried to step out of my room but he moved in front.
"jack move"
"where though?"
"why do you want to know?"
"because"
i looked up at him as he scrunched his nose.
"jack" i said trying to move again.
"just in case ok you're going alone"
i looked down.
"you are going alone aren't you?"
i nodded.
"yeah i am and i'm going to be late"
"late for what?"
"jack i have to go love you"
before he could say anything else i ran out the door and walked to the bus. usually jack drives me or corbyn but one i didn't want to bother corbyn this early and two i didn't want jack to know that i was seeing-well studying with jonah. when i got to the library i looked around for him. but i couldn't see him anywhere. i sighed and sat down at a table. i pulled my books out. i felt a tap on my shoulder.
"oh...hey"
jonah smiled as he sat down in front of me.
"you didn't think i'd leave you did you?"
i pursed my lips inward trying not to make eye contact with him. his hair was messy and his hoodie was fuzzy. i wanted to hug him just to feel the softness of his sweatshirt against me.
"what about your essay?"
"i gave up rather do math instead"
i laughed softly.
"tate"
i looked up to see him gazing at me. his book was unfolded and he was all smiley.
"what?" i said dropping my pencil to look at the problem he was pointing at.
"come here" he said quietly as i got up.
i bent down to my knees and pointed to his problem.
"so you take that number and then that variable is the denominator" i explained.
he looked down at me as i looked to the floor. i noticed that we were wearing the same shoes we wore yesterday.
"you like harry potter?" he said crouching down at my level sitting on the floor. i sat down with him as he smiled at me.
"what?" i said pulling my hair back.
"nothing"
we sat there in silence as he looked over to the side. as he did i just took in the moment of how pretty he was. especially his messy hair. it gave me butterflies.
as soon as he turned back i looked back down to my shoes.
"i'm bored" he said tapping my shoes.
i giggled softly as i started to get up.
"well jonah we have to study"
"but can we do it...later?"
i looked up as he extended his arm to me.
i took it as he pulled me up. i was lighter so it was really aggressive that i almost fell into him.
"whoa are you ok?" he said grabbing my waist.
"yeah i'm ok" i stuttered.
his hands didn't unwrap around my waist. he just pulled me closer. my breath started to quicken. his hands slid up to my face as he tucked a small part of my hair behind my ear.
"you're cute when you're nervous"
my cheeks burned as he loosened his hands around my waist.
"i'm not nervous" i said going back to sit down. his hand grabbed mine as he pulled me back.
"what jonah?"
"can i show you something?"
"...show me what?"
he pointed at an aisle.
"what?"
before i could say anything else he pulled me to it.
"jonah-"
"just trust me"