22

*

With her back pressed firmly against the door; tears began to rush down her cheeks like waterfall. Aria couldnt hold them back anymore. Especially when everything within her felt crushed. Her heart was bursting with pain and it was all because of one man.

Frank!

She heard his steady foot steps pacing around her living room a few times and halted right in front of the bedroom door before turning around in the last minutes and leaving through the front door.

The silence that followed after he walked out the door broke her even more.

Why was she crying?

She hate to admit it but she has fallen for him in ways unimaginable. How else could she explain the way her heart was arching within her ribcage.

Heck! She was even willing to give herself to him yet again but it was obvious he doesn't want her. He doesn't even like her enough to think of her as anything but his play thing and she was foolish enough to think he was starting to like her even a little bit.

The sex he had with her on the night they were both drunk was to be blamed on the influence of alcohol and nothing else.

He could never be truly attracted to someone like her.

She continued to muffle her own cry with both hands as she kept tormenting herself with the thought of Frank not wanting and loving her over and over again.

She couldn't deny how he made her feel with each and every of his fierce kisses that would leave her burning all over with desires and wanting to give him more than he deserved.

This wasn't what she wanted. To fall for a man like him was never part of her do to- list because everything that has to do with him could only bring pain and heck, she was already feeling it and it was safe to say it does hurt like hell.

She was only as good as his Assistant and now, as his play thing that he could use whenever he can't find someone else to do his bidding? Why can't he just stop torturing her already.

Picking herself up, she dragged herself to the bathroom for a rather cold shower as she couldn't get her mind to stop reeling at the thought of him.

**

The next week that followed went by quickly without even a missed call from him. It made her more tense than relief even though it was exactly what she wanted.

She was still miserable without him.

Nothing could truly make her happy. Not her colleagues from the office who took her out for lunch and kept cracking jokes or anything else could help keep her mind off him.

Frank was stucked in her mind every single step of the way like a fucking addiction.

She retired to her apartment that evening after a hectic day at work and decided to treat herself to something interesting as she laid coiled up on her cushion trying to distract her mind a little by watching her new favorite movie.

'Little'

She heard a little knock on her door half way into the movie and wondered who it could be.  She quickly struggled back on her feet before dragging herself towards the door to unlock it.

She didnt make it to the door before another knock resounded again causing her legs to move faster_still wondering who could be so freaking impatient.

Maybe it was Frank!

Her heart skip a beat at the thought of him being the one but quickly composed herself and brushed the thought aside just as it had appeared on her mind.

Pulling the door open, she stared back at her neighbour Henry with a bottle of wine in one hand leaning against the door way.

"Hey there! It's me again" He said, half waving at her.

Her face fell in disappointment as her eyes took in his boyish appearance not to mention his charming smile staring right back at her.

Not wanting to sound rude, she gave him a small nod and a tight smile.

"Hey!"

He raised the wine bottle up to her eye level and duck his eyes to look at her.

"I have this bottle of wine just lying around in my box and I thought maybe we can share a glass out of it?"

With a raised brow, she looked at the bottle of wine and back at his over excited face.

"I'm sorry but I don't drink"

He pushed himself off the door way still staring at her.

"I'm sure you don't but I just wanted to return your brush and maybe share your company for a bit. My apartment is pretty boring tonight and I don't know how to ask without sounding like a total jerk"

Her lip twitch a little at his cocky yet charming antics. He was dressed in a plain brown v-neck shirt that hugged his bicep from all angle with a white baggy short to complete his casual outfit.

She couldn't help but notice the way he was staring at her. She was suddenly aware of her clothing as she began to shift uncomfortably under his gaze._she was putting on an oversized shirt that barely made it to her knee.

"I'm not sure you are going to like my company that much because am pretty boring myself"

"Oh I won't mind. Two boring people is way better than just one" Henry had insisted with a smug grin.

She thought about letting him into her apartment for a couple of minutes and decided to let him in. What is the worst thing that could happened.

Henry doesn't look like he was out to hurt her but whatever the case, it was better than lying around and thinking about someone who doesn't even care.

"You can come in and make yourself at home"

She moved to the side and he strolled into her humble abode. His eyes traveled the length and breadth of her living room before a little smile creep into the corner of his lips and he turned to her.

"Nice" he said nodding to himself.

"Excuse me, what?" Aria had turned to him with a raised brow.

"I mean your place is really nice" he replied with a nervous smile.

"Thanks. Do have a seat"

**

Henry turned out to be a great company for the night with lot of funny jokes to tell. He was a comedian at heart and a doctor by profession.

He has just recently being transferred to Lagos.

Henry has no friends around and still have a couple of weeks before full resumption at the clinic.

Aria listened to all his tales with a half glass of wine in one hand and leaning against the cushion as he told stories about his medical adventures.

Its baffled her imagination to think that he was still in his early twenties yet has so many experience to talk about.

He thought Aria was trying to get him not to like her more than he already has when she mentioned how wide their age gap really was.

Aria looked not older than twenty five even though she was actually thirty with a couple of months under her sleeve. It turned out he has a thing for older women so Aria was perfect either way, leaving her to blush in all shades of red.

The night was still young and there are a couple of things they didn't know about each other yet but one thing was for sure_ They'd make great neighbor if not friends.

Only time was going to tell.