Chapter Seven

Chase's POV
It was 8:30am and as usual, Brody turned up on time to pick me up for school. When he gets me into the car and starts driving I turn to him. "You need to tell Kyle and Luke."

"I can't," he says stiffly. "Luke will hate me."

"He needs to understand your still the same Brody," I say. "Sure at first he will be mad, but he will get over it," I explain. "Your in love with Tyler, Brody. You can't choose who you fall in love with."

Brody is quiet for the rest of the trip, so I just let him be.

We get to school and he helps me out of the car and wheels me to my first class. He says goodbye and leaves straight away. I feel a presence sit beside me and ignore them.

"Hey," I hear a deep voice.

I frown. "Uh Hey."

"It's me Tyler," He says. "Montana's friend."

"Oh," I say. "Uh Hey."

"You need to ask Montana out," he says.

"Okay," I say, hesitantly.

"I mean on a date," he says.

"See that's kind of hard, since I'm not allowed to drive," I say.

"Doesn't have to be anything too hard," he says. "She likes Toni's House on Burke Street. Get your mum or Brody to take you two there."

I nod. "Thanks."

"I'd do anything for her," he says softly.

"I know about you and Brody by the way," I whisper. I feel him stiffen. "He told me when he was plastered."

"Yeah," Tyler says. "It's over though."

"He wants to be with you," I say. "He's just scared."

"I know that," Tyler grumbles. "I've tried to help, but he pushes me away."

"He's hard to crack," I say. "He has trouble letting people in."

"Your an amazing guy," Tyler says. "Montana's lucky to have kissed you."

I blush and turn back to my work. I feel Tyler move away and smirk.

She's been talking about me.

*
"How's life been Chase?" Molly, my therapist asks.

"Good," I say. "I-I have met someone."

"Like a love someone?"

"In the works," I smile.

"What's her name?" Molly asks, hearing her write something down.

"Montana," I Answer. "She's the most amazing girl. She's funny, kind, sweet and fluent in Japanese."

"I'm glad you've found someone new to hang with," she says. "I like to see that smile on your face."

I blush. "Well she brightens my life."

"And how have your nightmares been?" Molly asks.

"Just the usual," I answer.

"Can you describe it for me?" Molly asks.

I take a deep breath. "It was two years ago, I was neckin' on with this blonde chick, when Nick angrily walked over and said we were leaving. I was a bit hesitant, because we both had been drinking. When we got to the highway, he started speeding. It was raining so I told him to slow the fuck down. He didn't. We turned the corner and we rolled," I explain, croaking and the end.

"Why was Nick angry?" Molly asks.

I shrug. "I still don't know to this day."

"Maybe to help you get over the nightmares you need to find out," Molly states. "Are you still in contact with any people who were close to Nick?"

I shake my head. "Not really."

"You don't know any of his friends?" Molly asks. "Or any past girlfriends."

"Actually, Montana's brother was friends with Nick," I say. "Maybe he might know something."

"Then I suggest looking into it," Molly says.

I nod. "Thanks Molly."

"Anything else happened since Monday, when we last talked?" Molly asks.

"Well I confronted Brody about what we talked about Saturday," I Answer. "Hopefully he listens. He's in so much pain."

"Your a good friend," Molly says.

"I know," I sigh.

I could sense that Molly was rolling her eyes at my cockiness.

*
"Your lover is here," Brody whispers in my ear.

I frown. "Why is she here early?"

"To see you maybe," Brody says in a Duh tone.

"Oh," I say, nervously. "By the way, are you free Friday night?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well I wanna ask Montana on a date," I whisper. "I was wondering if you could drive."

"Of course I will," Brody says. "Just text me the details."

Brody pushes me to my seat and then says goodbye. "Hi," Montana says softly.

I sniff and scrunch my nose up. "You smell different?"

"What?" Montana questions.

"You normally smell of lavender and Um-"

"Passion fruit?"

I snap my fingers. "Yes."

"Well I Um I put hairspray in my hair," Montana mumbles.

"Oh," I say. "Okay."

"So you sniff me?" She asks, amusement in her tone.

I blush. "Shut up."

She giggles. "I'm shitting with you," she states. "Plus I know you smell of Pineapple and strawberry."

I blush. "It's my mums shampoo and conditioner."

"Stop blushing around me," she says. "You big goof."

"A-are you busy Friday?" I ask her.

"No," she answers. "Unless watching reruns of Seinfeld is plans."

"Maybe we could go on a date," I suggest. "We could go to Uh, Toni's House. The one on Burke Street."

"I would love that," she says excitingly. She then clears her throat. "I mean sure, that sounds cool."

I laugh. "Brody and I will pick you up at 7."

"Brody?"

"Well I can't drive," I state. "And no way is mum driving us."

"He won't join dinner right?" She asks. I shake my head. "Oh good."

"I'll give you my number," I say. I hear her shuffling through her bag and her phone unlock. "It's 555 2134."

"Thanks," she says.

"Just text me your address," I say. "And I will be there at seven."

I'm so fucking happy.