Author's Note

Welcome to RISE: The Red Sun Rapture

Welcome to RISE: The Red Sun Rapture. This was the first piece of personal creative writing I'd ever done and it ended up being a 170k beast written in the span of about four months. It was meant to be the first book in a planned trilogy.

In the years since, I've learned a lot from this story and from the feedback I received from it.

As such, I've decided I'm not going to bother finishing the Red Sun Rapture Saga. That's right, I'm peacing out from the world of Kaulaire. ✌️ I love the characters (Shia and company will always have a special place in my heart), so I'll definitely still draw them and whatnot, but the story doesn't appeal to me like it used to. And since RISE was also the first thing I've ever written, it's hot garbage and it would be just too much effort to polish it into something halfway decent. ...It's also not a very marketable story, haha.

But that's okay, I'm not sad. This isn't a sad affair. This means that now I have more time to devote to me current series, The Dark Between Dreams Chronicles. So this story has been unpublished, but I'm leaving up the prologue and some other random chapters so I don't lose all the comments and feedback on this story forever.

Buh-bye, stripey demons. Hello, sword-fighting ghosts! 👻

- K. Graves

 Graves