part eight: school shootings pt.2

Previously on all grown up.....

Cas hung up and shot a quick text. She grabbed Jordan's hand and squeezed it when she heard the footsteps stop infront of the door.....

Jordan's pov

I stopped breathing when they didn't move from the door. I hugged cas and layed more down. I felt my eyes water, this was it.

BANG BANG

They shot the door knob down and tried opening the door but they couldn't because of the barrier.

They stopped and we waited for footsteps......but heard nothing.

BANG BANG BANG BANG

My eyes went wide and i covered my mouth. We watched 4 bullets go through the barrier and above us.

Then they walked away. "My phone just died." Cas whispered holding onto me. "Mine is dead too." I told her wiping my eyes. "Im fucking scared." She replied. I nodded in agreement.

*w the boys*

"Ed can you redo that verse, i wanna try something." Brandon asked him. "Yeah i gotchu." He said hopping in the room.

Zion was on his phone when he got a text from the daycare and school nova and lucas attend at. He thought it was weird and opened the messages....

ATTENTION WE ARE ON LOCKDOWN DUE TO THE ACTIVE SCHOOL SHOOTER AT NEWMAN HIGHSCHOOL. PLEASE COME TO PICK UP YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU PLEASE TO.

Zions eyes damn near popped out of his socket and he shot up. "Whoa you good?" Austin asked looking at him.

"Yo wrap all this shit up. We gotta go." Zion yelled grabbing his keys. "Why?" Nick asked.

"Active school shooter at the high sch-" zion started but didn't even get to finish the sentence as they all got up and headed out the door.

Nick hopped in his car so quick, he didnt bother to put on his seatbelt before speeding off. Zion called Kaiya and she picked up the phone.

K- i was jus about to call you, i left work already, i dont have the car seat so go get nova.
Z- okay and i love you.
K- I love you too.

Austin went with Brandon to get their kids from the elementary school. Edwin was right behind nick, rushing to the high school. His heart was beating fast and he prayed in his head.

******

Eli ended up in the gym with 5 other boys and 1 teachers. "Okay you guys are gonna move to the boys locker room. I have to go do a round check. Stay quiet and stay safe." He said opening the locker room door connected to the gym, "there are squads of cops walking around to gather kids and release you guys."

The 5 of them walked in and the teacher locked the door.

"I need to puke." A guy groaned. "Gross go over there." Another spoke. Eli stayed quiet trying to calm his nerves. He needed go get out. Eli pulled out his phone and saw that both his parents texted.

"You know your phone is supposed to be off right?" A voice said. Eli rolled his eyes, "You know I dont give a fuck right?"

He looked at his battery percentage and it was at 15%.

*********

Everyone met outside the highschool. It was crowded with parents and guardians. There were a lot of cop cars and ambulances.