Episode 2

Grace had rung a bell signaling that it was time to eat. You could hear everyone's footsteps as they rushed to get to the table before their father did.

Everyone sat in designated spots. Vanya was sitting farthest from their father and Rose was sitting closest to their father.

They were all doing their own thing while eating when suddenly Five stabbed his knife into the table. Rose looked towards him with a knowing look. She knew they were both ready to spacial jump through time.

"Number Five?" their father, Reginald Hargreeves, calls out.

"We have a question," Five says, gesturing towards Rose.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal times. You are interrupting Herr Carlson," their father scolded.

"We want to time travel," Rose speaks up.

"No," He instantly shoots down their idea.

Rose had a disbelieving look as Reginald immediately shot down their idea. "But we're ready!" Rose argues.

"We've been practicing our spacial jumps, just like you said," Five also argues.

Rose and Five both spacial jump on either side of where their father was sitting.

"See?" Her and Five say.

"A spacial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of tile travel. One is like sliding along the ice, while the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn," Hargreeves explains. Hargreeves hasn't looked at either Five nor Rose during their conversation.

"Well, I don't get it," Five says.

"Neither do I," Rose spoke.

"Hence the reason you're not ready," Hargreeves informs them.

Rose turns her head to see Vanya shaking her head 'no' at the two.

"If you think we're afraid we're not," Rose tells Hargreeves.

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind are far too unpredictable," Hargreeves sets his fork and knife down to face Rose and Five. "Now, I forbid both of you to talk about this anymore."

Rose and Five exchange a look. Rose spun on her heels as she started to walk out of the room with Five. "Number 5! Number 8! You both haven't been excused! Come back here!" All of the children, as well as Hargreeves and Grace, watched as Rose and Five left the building.

Rose grabbed onto Fives hand as they both spacial jumped through time.

Both smiled in victory as they discovered that they were ready to time travel.

"Not ready my ass," Five smiles in accomplishment. Rose looks around her and sees the sun shining bright and people walking the streets.

They spacial jumped again and this time it was snowing. They didn't stay in the snow for long when they spacial jumped through time for a third time. However, this time they were in front of a ruined building that was on fire.

"Five?" Rose's eyes widen in fear.

Everywhere around them was ruins and some fire on the ruins of buildings.

"The academy!" Rose exclaims. They both looked around before they ran back to the academy.

They got back to the academy to see it no longer standing. Rose's eyes started to burn from holding back tears.