i. fire-haired dreamer

PUT IT ON RECORD: VEE HAWTHORNE was probably the only witch in the world who knew next to nothing about Quidditch

     PUT IT ON RECORD: VEE HAWTHORNE was probably the only witch in the world who knew next to nothing about Quidditch. She enjoyed going to games with Draco and her family but she never really understood the game or the hype that surrounded it. She constantly found herself asking Draco "Who's that?" or "Which ball is that again?" or "Which team just scored?"

Vee wasn't very thrilled when everyone around her was obsessing over Quidditch. The Quidditch World Cup was being held in Britain and everyone in Vee's general vicinity was buzzing about it.

"What do you mean you can't go?!" Carrington Donzis yelled at Vee. Carrington and Vee—along with Draco and Margaret Chi—were gathered at the Hawthorne Manor talking about blasted Quidditch.

"I have other things to do," Vee replied tritely.

"It's the World Cup! You have to go!" Margaret chimed in. Vee just rolled her eyes.

"I told my parents not to get me a ticket, so it's too late now," Vee told her friends, "I'm planning on going to Diagon Alley that day anyway. I need a few more things for fourth year."

"You can go to Diagon Alley any day, Vee," Draco said to his best friend. Vee looked at him with indignation.

"Bloody hell, Malfoy! I don't have a ticket! I can't go! Just sod off, the lot of you!" Vee could feel herself warming up (as she always did when she got truly angry) but with a few deep breaths she calmed down again. She hadn't had an outburst since she almost killed Draco and she wanted to keep it that way.

"Father was invited personally by Cornelius Fudge to sit in the Top Box at the World Cup. He asked if you would like to join," Draco informed Vee. Margaret and Carrington gasped in unison.

"The Top Box?!" Margaret whispered in astonishment.

"If Vee doesn't want to go, I will," Carrington added with a wink at Draco.

"Shut up, Carrington. Father extended the invitation to Vee, not you."

Vee mulled it over in her head. She wasn't actually going to buy things on her school list on the day of the World Cup, she just used that to try to make her friends leave her alone. Going with Draco would be an opportunity to hang out with her best friend and she would get to fraternize with the Minister of Magic. Though Vee was not a Quidditch person, it was an opportunity she couldn't pass up.

Vee tried to hide her excitement, but it was futile. In a very rare occurrence, Virginia Hawthorne smiled. "Well, if we are sitting with the Minister of Magic... I'll go."

Draco smiled at Vee while Carrington and Margaret looked at the two in utter shock. "I can't believe you're in the Top Box," Margaret said at the same time Carrington whispered "He chose her to go with him?!"