NINE

Z's POV:

The past week has been one hell of a time because the teachers were watching my every move like a hawk. The suspension only made my parents more alert and more strict than ever. I'm like a prisoner at home, while nothing is different at school. My dad has had a talk with the principal, which in turn my life at school a literal hell too.

I'm trying to stay clear from him after last week's incident. I don't know why I did it but it definitely made my egoist self happy to see him lose control even for a second. I'm determined to make him suffer more but I had to lay low for some time.

Stuck in a classroom filled with stupid students and an annoying teacher wasn't my cup of tea. I've lessened my visit to the art room since I feel eyes upon me whenever I go there. I don't want anyone to find out my secret haven and follow me there to disrupt my only peaceful abode.

I was brought out of my la la land by the laughing sound. I blink my eyes to see the students laughing looking at me whilst our English teacher, Mrs. Holmes was glaring at me with her anger filled baby blue eyes.

"Mr. Malik. If you are so happy with living in your lil Dreamworld, I'd suggest you better stay at home and not waste your time and money by coming to school. Clearly, you don't even want to be here", she spoke with so much anger.

"Not again", I mumbled to myself, rolling my eyes. I was happy when she didn't hear the annoyance in my voice.

"Mrs. Holmes, don't you know Zayn here likes to always be in his own world. That actually shouldn't be a surprise", I heard the irritating voice of Prick or whoever it was. I turned my eyes to glare at the stupid guy. My attention moved towards the green eyed, curly haired guy who was biting down his lower lip trying to control his laughter.

For once in a long time, I didn't feel angry or annoyed, rather I was distracted by his teeth sunk into his lower lip, making me remember how soft and smooth they felt against mine. Those perfectly shaped, full, pink, luscious lips made me want to kiss them forgetting that we were in the middle of a classroom with an overly frustrated teacher and stupid students. Suddenly I saw his jade eyes meet my own. We were lost into each other, staring into each other's eyes when he smirked and bit his lips seductively. I averted my eyes immediately towards the still angry teacher, while I heard him chuckle which actually irritated me because I got lost for a second.

"Mr. Malik. Do I have your attention and permission to continue the class now?", the sickly sweet voice of the teacher made me raise my head again.

"It's your choice, Mrs. Holmes. I'd rather say to save us the torture of surviving this stupid story of the great Romeo and Juliet. Because, lemme tell you. There's nothing called "love". It's all just words for idiots. It's better to be away from that. It's all just a drama and a chance to play with people's feelings and emotions. If you still want to continue this class, I'll be happy to take my leave now. I don't care if I get suspended for a month now", I replied, feeling my throat getting clogged up. I got up, making my way to the door.

"Be here at 3 for your detention today, Mr. Malik", the teacher announced.

"Gladly. It's better than sit around in this class and hear all these meaningless stories, anyway", I replied with a low voice before my feet took off in its desired direction.

I went into my art room and threw my bag carelessly in a corner. I slid on the wall until I reached the floor. My head laid itself on my knees whilst my arms held my legs in place. I felt a lump in my throat before tears fell uncontrollably. I sobbed silently not wanting anyone to hear it even by chance.

I hated crying in front of anyone. I felt that it made me weak. The tears and the pain in my heart is only for my eyes to see. I will never show my weakness before anyone. At this point in time, I realized how lonely I was. I had my parents who loved their jobs more than their own children. My friends, other than Liam, looked at me like a boss more than a friend. My girlfriend who wanted popularity by being on the arm of the most popular bad boy. I know she was cheating on me and was only interested in the tag, "Zayn's Girlfriend". I don't mind because I don't like or love her. She wants me for her own selfish reason of being known as the Queen Bee whilst I wanted someone hanging on my arm. I didn't want people to see me as a lonely guy. I didn't want anyone to know how truly broken I am.

My thoughts were broken when I heard knocks on the door. I frowned in confusion because as far as I know, none knew this place apart from me. I got up, wiping my eyes dry of any tears before walking up slowly towards the door. Still in dilemma, I opened slightly to see the person standing on the other side. I pulled him in and hugged him tightly, whilst he let me cry on his shoulder. He patted my back while my tears ceased slowly.

"Bro. Are you fine now? I heard you walked out of the class?", Liam questioned with concern.

I just nodded without lifting up my head from his shoulder. He is the only one who was my friend, my brother and my well-wisher who has been there for me whenever I was down. I was grateful for his existence in my life. He has seen me broken, lost and weak but also made me strong. I love him so much for always being there for me.

"Zayn. Listen, love. I heard what had happened. You can't let these things bother you anymore, yeah? It'd make you look weak. You have come a long way now. Don't go back down the lane again, Zayn. Please don't do it again", he advised me.

"I know that, mate. You think I'm happy to remember everything? I'm trying so hard and was almost on the verge of forgetting everything. But now, it's becoming hard everyday, bro. Since the day he kissed me two weeks ago, it's like I'm being dragged towards the past again", I sighed frustrated.

"What the hell? He kissed you? And why am I only hearing it now?", he burst out in anger.

I realized that he didn't know everything that happened in his absence and recited the past two weeks which only made him angry at me by the end.

"Zayn. What are you trying to do, bro? You're only playing with the fire again. Why do you want to walk down the same path again? Don't you know how much hurt you got? Falling in love with him was your biggest mistake without knowing his true intentions, mate. Don't ever dare go near that again, Zayn. I'm warning you", he said sternly holding me by my shoulders.

"I don't regret it, Liam. I loved him. Heck, I still love him. It wasn't my mistake. I think it's the best thing that happened to me. Because, see where it brought me. I agree he didn't love me. He just played me. But I think that only made me stronger, Liam. It has taught me to love myself first before expecting anyone to love me. I don't regret it even for a second, Liam", I explained myself, happy to have someone to talk to.

We were interrupted by a knock for the second time today. I was worried since I seriously didn't want people to find out this place", Liam and I looked at each other before shrugging and making our way to the door. I opened it slightly to see fear filled blue eyes looking back at me.

"I'm sorry I heard everything."
___________________________________________________

To be continued... 💚💛

Thank you for reading. 🙏🙏🙏

Share your thoughts, guys...

Love y' all _ J 💜

Pls like, comment and share.