Casino of Illusions

Quentin Beck was the master of illusions. His fights against Nightwing were legendary. Quentin was fascinated by his history and by the man behind the mask. Right now, he was planning another trap to catch the young hero in one of his illusions.

Dick had been tracking Quentin Beck after their last confrontation, he smiled brightly when he found Quentin's hideout, he grabbed his escrima sticks and put his suit and mask on before heading to the master of illusions hideout

Quentin Beck was hosting a huge party in Gotham casino. Champagne, rich men and women, the mayor, even Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark were there. Beck was launching a new tv show. One where he could mesmerise the city...an army of monkeys.

Dick arrived just outside of the casino and raised an eyebrow "a party?" He whispered to himself "it's gotta be an illusion" he said before climbing through an open upstairs window.

Quentin was quite proud of his illusions. For once he was able to mix real illusions with false ones, made with his new hologram program. He took him a lot of energy but it was worth it. He looked at his smartwatch: Nightwing was inside the building.

Dick looked around the room with his detective vision before walking out of it and looking downstairs, his eyes went wide when he saw Bruce, his mentor, his father with a supervillain.

He jumped down "Bruce!" He shouted "what are you doing here!?"

"Well well well..." Quentin smiled "someone is sneaking in my party..." 

Bruce was a really good illusion "well I was invited...as an important investor I have to be at this kind of parties...and the champagne is good".

Dick raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on Bruce, sending it straight through his body, the heroes eyes went wide as he pulled away before looking at Quentin and narrowing his eyes 

"I'm taking you back to Arkham !"

Quentin laughed..." only if you catch me, pretty boy" 

Bruce's illusion disappeared in a cloud of green smoke. A strong shackle went over Dick's wrist.

Dick looked at his wrist "what the?" 

He whispered before trying to pull away, growling as he did before looking around.

"Where are you Beck!?" He shouted.

"Have a guess, smart boy" 

All the people at the party start to gather around Nightwing. They were more and more scary. Quentin was among the crowd invisible for a naked eye.

Dick slowly backed up, using his free hand to clutch his escrima stick to fight the people.

 "Stay back!" He shouted as he looked around, breathing heavily

Suddenly two hands grabbed his waist from behind. 

"Maybe you should watch your back" Quentin's illusion whispered in his ear with Starfire's voice.

Dick's eyes went wide "Kori?" He looked around "Kori where are you!?" He shouted, "help me!" Dick cried out in an almost terrified voice.

"Kori? Oh, I thought you forget her by now Richard" 

Quentin's illusion changed and now there was Barbara Gordon "how could you do that to me" Quentin took Barbara's appearance.

"Look at you ... you look lovely all bound for me" His hands ran on Dick's chest.

Dick breathed heavily but growled before kicking Quentin back "I'm not a dumbass" he said "years of fighting Catwoman has taught me what's real and what's fake" he said angrily as he squirmed.