After Class

"...be able to figure it out...be able to figure it out... what is that supposed to mean!" You wondered to yourself. And why on earth did Malfoy have the same problem as you? It just wasn't adding up. As a Ravenclaw it was not in your nature to just give up on something like this. You HAD to get to the bottom of it, or else it was just going to keep gnawing at you. Dinner time rolled around and you decided to sit next to Harry and wait for the other two to show up. "Hey (y/n)!" Harry beamed. "So how was class today?" "Ugh don't even get me started," you proclaimed as you rolled your eyes in annoyance. "You know, the strangest thing happened in potions today, so we were-" you were suddenly cut off as Ron and Hermione made their way to their seats, bickering about something once again. "Ronald how many times do I have to tell you! You cannot just copy off of my essay and change a few words here and there, McGonagall would definitely know!" Hermione exclaimed. "Oh hello (y/n)! You look a bit worried, what seems to be the matter?" Hermione asked as her expression quickly changed from looking frustrated to concerned. "Oh I suppose it's nothing really, but today in potions I was making a potion with Malfoy-" Ron interrupted with a loud "Booo" followed by a quick "Ow! What was that for?" as Hermione elbowed him in the side and rolled her eyes, "continue" she said with a polite smile. "Well I was making a potion with -him-, when after we had finished it I noticed that something was wrong. You see the potion was called amortentia and was supposed to smell like what you're most attracted to, but the thing is, I couldn't smell anything! And what was even weirder was that Malfoy couldn't smell anything either, but perhaps that's because he probably couldn't smell anything besides his pungent cologne, it's definitely all that I could smell! Anyone cou- why are you looking at me like that?" Hermione's eyes were wide in shock and her hand was clasped against her mouth as if she was trying to keep herself from yelling out something. "Hermione what's the matter with you? You look as though Dumbledore just announced that the end of year exams are canceled." Ron stated, slightly snickering to himself. Hermione quickly tried to compose herself. "Oh I-I'm fine, I just remembered that I haven't finished the research paper for Professor Flitwick yet." "You mean the one that's due in two weeks?" Ron asked quizzically. Hermione ignored him and looked directly at you with an urgent manner . "(Y/n), I need to use the bathroom, care to come with me?" "Uhh I suppose" you say, confused by her sudden change of expression. "Wonderful" Hermione says with a strange look on her face. As you tried to decipher her expression she quickly grabbed you by the wrist and drug you you out the Great Hall. "What was that all about?" Harry states in utter confusion. "Women" Ron states with a shrug of his shoulders and a corner of his mouth turned downwards. Meanwhile Hermione was dragging you through the hall way and wouldn't answer any of the questions or quizzical looks you threw at her. She only let go of you when you entered the girls bathroom. "Ugh, is this the one with Moaning Myrtle? I hate this bathroom" you state clearly annoyed by everything that's going on. Hermione began to check the rest of the stalls to see if anyone would be able to eavesdrop on their conversation. "Listen!" Hermione quickly adds before you can continue to say anything else. "..in potions today, tell me exactly what you smelt" "I told you I couldn't smell anything besides Malfoy!" Hermione stared at you with almost a worried look in her eyes. "Say it again, but slower" beginning to get annoyed you not only repeated yourself slower but louder as well. "I SAID I couldn't smell ANYTHING besides MALFOY!" Hermione just stared at you as if she was waiting for something. oh. Oh OH. "OH NO! NO NO NO! N O. I absolutely REFUSE to believe that THAT is the case! No!" You looked at Hermione with the angriest face you could possibly muster up. "...(y/n)" "NO!" You cut her off. "There is absolutely no way! He's the most HORRIBLE Git I've ever met! How could you even THINK that Hermione!" You began to direct your anger at her, even though you knew that she didn't deserve it, and the fact that it doesn't change anything. "(Y/n), I have an idea.." you scoffed at her. "Just listen ok? What if we were able to sneak some of the ingredients from Snape's class to remake the potion? Then if the results were the same as today... we would have our answer" she seemed hesitant at that last part. Something that neither of you wanted to admit. You hesitated to respond, part of you wanting to prove her wrong, the other part wondering if that was even possible. What are you thinking, of course you could prove Hermione wrong! "..alright, let's do it."