Chapter 13

Everyone sat anxiously in the waiting room, until a pair of footsteps walked up to sadie.

"She's conscious but we only want two at a time. We don't want her... er.. roommate to be disturbed."

Sadie looked at Devin and giggled. Liam really scared them into letting Cherry share a room. He can be very useful... at times.

Sadie got up out of the chair and Devin stood up, following her actions.

"Oh no, me and Kyle are visiting her. You can wait."

Hearing Sadie's voice, Kyle stood up, as an annoyed Devin plopped back into his seat.

They made their way down the hall, turning a corner, and then finally reaching the hospital room. There lied cherry, her skin more pale than its usual porcelain tone, her vibrant freckles, now faded.

Sadie walked quickly to Cherry.

"Sweetie you don't look good," she said very worriedly, with a frown.

Cherry grabbed her hand, and look over nothing Kyle, giving him a small smile.

"I'm okay, really. That.... wait what exactly happened?" Cherry questioned, realizing that she blacked out towards the end of the experience.

"I don't know... I just know the lights were flickering, wind was blowing, there was a girl-"

"She did it."

Cherry said with a monotone voice.

"You said witch. what was that about?" Said asked, while comfortingly running her hand through Cherry's hair.

"I've done studies on witches before. Ghosts don't reveal themselves in the way she presented. Plus she wasn't just manipulating electricity, she has wind blowing. She manipulated nature as well, as if it was working for her." Cherry explained to Sadie, the best she could, knowing that Sadie didn't know much about the paranormal or supernatural. Cherry, on the other hand, was all about it.

"So you're saying some witch bitch attacked you?" Said Kyle in a sarcastic manner.

"Perhaps... I don't really understand why it would be me.. I mean, clearly, with the power she had, i'm sure she could've taken all of us. Even at once," Cherry said with a complexed look across her face.

A mumbled groan was heard from the other side of the room.

"Who the hell are you?" The guy who Cherry was sharing a room with, said.

"There weren't enough rooms left, so we had to use a shared one. I hope you don't mind, we can go if you wa-"

Kyle was cut off by the boy in the second hospital bed.

"Please, no it's completely fine. You guys can stay... I could use the company," He gave Kyle, sadie, and Cherry a sad smile.

"Good, because she might be in here for a while," A nurse coming in, interrupted.

"Why, is everything okay?" Sadie quickly asked

"We're not sure, we need to run some tests to see what happened. In the report there was said to be flashing lights, we need to know if her blacking out was caused by seizing." The nurse stated very clearly.

The group looked at each other knowing, that a seizure was not the cause, but a person instead. How were they to explain what happened? A witch is no logical explanation, but it was in fact the truth.

"Until, we can figure out what happened, she'll need to rest. You can all go, we'll call her parents if anything goes wrong-"

"They're out of town right now, please use my number instead," Sadie told the nurse. If anything happened she would want to be there ASAP.

"Fine. I'll let you know if we find anything. You can visit, but we advise not to come too often, for we have many patients here already." The nurse said, very strictly, almost rudely.

"Leaving so soon?" The boy laughed, making eye contact with Kyle.

"Well we can't stay, and anyways I don't even know your name." Kyle said smiling.

"I'm Christian"

"Kyle"

There was a comfortable silence for a moment, but then Kyle and Sadie had to say goodbye, and Kyle gave Christian a goodbye to the side. Everyone made their way out of the hospital. Liam Dropped off Kyle at his house, and Sadie and Devin in front of their own houses, before speeding off.

Sadie had her hand around the knob of the front door, when she felt a pair of arms tightly wrapped around her waist.

"Can I stay the night?"

Sadie sighed at Devin's request, but his embrace did make her feel quite warm.

"Please. I don't want you to be alone right now."

She took her hand off of the door and turned around, wrapping her arms around him as well. She buried her head into his chest, and tears started running down her cheeks, stinging as the wind blew cold on her face.

"Shhhhh, It's okay," He said, picking her up and carrying her through the door, and up the stairs. He sat down on her bed, with her still in his arms.

"Sadie, look at me," he said slowly moving her hands from her face. Her eyes were red, and face was pale.

He cupped her chin and said, "It's gonna be okay, we're gonna figure this out. I promise, okay."

"Ok" was the only thing she managed to choke up from her tears.

Devin stood up and started going through her dresser and pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, before handing them to Sadie.

"You need some sleep, don't worry I won't look," he said, turning around and putting his hands over his eyes.

Sadie giggled and then started changing. When she was finished she went up behind him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Can you stay tonight?" She asked the same previously asked question.

"Of course. I thought I had already made that clear," He said puzzled, of why she asked him again.

"I just wanted to make sure." She said quietly.

Sadie got into bed, as Devin turned the lights off. He then laid on her couch, next to her window.

"You can sleep in the bed with me," she said in a groggy voice.

"You sure? I don't mind sleeping on the-"

"Please."

He got up and crawled into the bed. She curled up next to him, and laid her head on his chest. Soon she closed her eyes, and to the sound of his heartbeat, fell asleep.