Chapter One

it was a dark, august night ....... evan was walking home from his office. he worked as a reporter at the local newspaper in his part of the city.... unfortunately this part of the city was a sort of slum. crime was everywhere here and not a day went by without a brand new head line for him to cover. his boss had been riding him hard to get the scope for the robberies happening recently. several stores had been hit. same person or people everytime too .... they left a message. a large painted G and B in a diamond shape. evan knew who it was . the notorious gangsters of the Gangsta boi gang. Evan walked slowly down the dark street and rubbed the back of his neck. he knew it was that gang. but he couldn't write anything about them. they would target him and the newspaper. Evan couldn't let that happen, yet he wanted to get the story out there. Hearing some voices behind him, evan realized he wasn't alone. strange. usually people weren't out this late. Evan gripped his brief case harder and quickened his pace. He heard one of the voices say " hey look at him go. should jump him huh, he looks rich". evan glace down at his outfit. white dress shirt, black slacks , black shoes and a black tie. he hair was gelled back and he was carrying his fathers old brief case that had been passed down to him.  -god not today- thought evan. he didn't want to get mugged or hurt. he heard the two people behind him start to run. evan burst into a full blown sprint, running down different allys, trying to lose the two delinquents. all he could hear was the rush of blood in his head and his shoes hitting the road. Evan looked back behind him and was startled to see the two men were gaining on him. he   ducked into an ally on his right and realized it was a dead end. -fuck- evan ran time the end of the ally hoping to find a ladder or door he could open so he could escape this. "Well well , looks like we've caught you" said one of the men. He had a blue dress shirt on with black slacks. his clothes were spotless and pressed yet the man's face was unshaven and dirty. the other man chuckled. "please i don't have much money " evan said as he backed up slowly. holding his brief case in front of him. "shut up and give us the brief case before i knock you down " the other man said. he pulled a gun out of his coat pocket and aimed it towards evan. "give us the case." 

Evan was scared. this was the last thing he had of his family. he couldn't give it up. " please sir i don't have much money i don't-"  " shut the fuck up" said the man in blue. he looked over at the other man. "just should the little bastard now" the other man put his finger on the trigger. "any last words ?" he asked evan. evans eyes grew wide. there was no getting out of this. all his hard work at the office for nothing, all his schooling was for nothing. evan closed his eyes. he heard the click of the gun being cocked. 

"stop"