Chapter Five

Drake stood up and walked up to Kent. "Huh? What the fuck did I do?!" Kent shouted back, placing his drink on the coffee table. "You kissed my fucking girlfriend. That's what you fucking did." He said, inching closer to Kent. Kent laughed in his face. "Uh.. No?" I looked down at my hands, which were shaking again. I was embarrassed. Was he seriously going to deny it? "But, I DID kiss your ex-girlfriend. Twice." He gave me a devilish smirk and looked back at Drake. Drake yelled and tackled Kent onto the floor, punching him repeatedly. "Drake! Stop! What the fuck is your issue?!" I shouted, trying to get him off of Kent. Drake pushed me roughly, causing me to be throw into the wall and hit my head. I yelped in pain and slid onto the ground, holding my head. As Kent started hitting back, his dad walked in and pulled them off of each other. "THAT'S ENOUGH!" He shouted harshly. 

               Kent's dad made Drake leave and Kent ran to me. "Oh my god, are you okay?!" I winced in pain as he checked to see if my head was bleeding. "No..." I whispered as he picked me up and carried me into his bedroom where he laid me down on his bed. He sat next to me and held my hand. "I'm sorry you had to witness that.." I sighed. "It's okay, Kent... I don't want either of you to go.." He smiled. "I know, Liz. But, it'll be okay. I promise." He leaned down and kissed the top of my head. "Will you wait for me? I don't know if this is what you want. We can always work towards whatever you want. I know you've been through a lot, but I've loved you for years." He confessed, "Yes.. I'll wait.. But, will you promise me one thing?" He smirked. "Anything." Sitting up on my elbows, I kissed him deeply. "Just come home to me safely. That's all I want." "I think I can do that." He pecked my lips and smiled.

              "Kent, it's time to go. Come on." Kent's dad said as he walked out of the apartment. I sighed and stood up with Kent. He grabbed his duffel bag and grabbed my hand. We walked out of the apartment and met his dad at their truck. Tossing his bag into the back of the truck, he sighed and looked at me. I was crying like a baby. Ugly crying. He smiled, wiped my tears and kissed me deeply. "Please keep your promise.. And make sure Drake comes home safely too.. Please." "Deal." He whispered into my ear as he hugged me. We kissed one more time before he got into the truck and was off. I sat on the stair outside of the complex and cried silently. 

           "Dear God. Please. Let them both be okay. Let them both come back in one piece.. Don't let them get hurt, please.." I whispered to myself as I started to walk home. I was still a complete mess when I walked into my house. My dad was sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee. "Elizabeth? What's wrong, love?" He stood up and pulled me into a hug. I burst into tears against his chest. I could always talk to my dad. After he finally divorced my stepmother, he became a great listener for me and I for him. "Drake and Kent left for basic. Drake cheated on me. Kent kissed me. I'm a damn mess..." I wiped my tears and sat down across from where my dad was sitting. He sighed, sitting back down. "It'll be alright, Elizabeth. You've had a rough life as it is. There is absolutely nothing you cannot overcome. You're a strong young woman. I love you, Elizabeth and I'll make it my mission to make sure you're having a good time until those boys come home. Now. Breakfast for dinner?" I sighed. "Sure. But, I really hope you're right." My dad got up and rubbed my back before disappearing into the living room. "God, I fucking hope you're right..." 

                                                                                  THE END

                     *A sequel to this story is a possibility depending on if readers want it. This story was originally written in 2012 and I decided to rewrite it. I have never published it anywhere else. Ever. I hope everyone enjoyed it! If you DO want a sequel, just let me know and I will possibly start writing it. <3*