2 - A day in the life of Jungkook

(Jungkook's POV:)

I leaned back in my chair and stretched, smiling at my finished work that took me two weeks to complete.

This will do great for the company.

I jumped slightly when a sharp knock came from my door, and I quickly straightened myself to look more professional.

"Enter."

Ew, my 'work voice'.

I almost wanted to groan when my secretary walked in, followed by my manager behind him. My secretary nodded at me in acknowledgment before leaving me with my manager.

He sat down.

"Good evening, Mr Jung. How can I help?" I asked politely, resting my hands on my desk.

My manager didn't seem happy at all, as his gem glowed a bright orange.

"Why haven't you signed the contract, Mr Jeon?" He immediately got to the point, and my gem flashed a light blue that got his attention.

I was so tired.

I then sighed.

"I'll sign it when I think they've offered us a better income." I replied in boredom, he growled.

"The income is fine, you just don't want to share this company with your uncle." He spat, and his words made my insides boil in anger.

And like his gem, mine turned orange.

"Mind your words, Mr Jung. Have you already forgotten that my father is no longer the CEO of this company?" I hissed, making the man lean back slightly in intimidation.

"I can see why the company is failing, then."

I shot up from my desk angrily, slamming my hands on the desk and glaring at him through gritted teeth.

"I'm a better CEO than my father ever was, and the company partner requests being constantly sent to your emails proves it."

He stayed silent, hanging his head low. I eyed him for a few moments, my scowl never faltering.

"You're fired, my current secretary is taking your place as manager." I declared, making his eyes widen as he stood up as well, his face completely full of panic.

"What?! You can't do that!" He exclaimed, I crossed my arms.

"You may be my manager, but remember that I once hired you to be so. And that means I have every right to fire you."

He growled and shoved his chair aside, storming up to me in rage and grabbing my collar, he pushed me into the wall.

"You're not going to do anything." He smirked sickeningly, and I cringed.

"Your breath stinks, when was the last time you brushed your teeth?" I gagged and kicked his stomach, making him stumble back and gasp.

My gem was now completely green, with the slight hue of light blue.

"Get out of my building."

*____*

My feet carried themselves to the club, where I usually go to relax after a long day of work. And in this case, it has definitely been a long day.

I travelled to the back of the club swiftly, knowing that the dance floor was going to be completely packed soon, and I let out a deep sigh as I collapsed onto the sofa.

The calm colour of light blue that emitted from the gem on my necklace was noticeable even through my closed eyes, and then the colour changed.

And my eyes snapped open in shock.

It was purple.

My soulmate had just entered the club.