La La La

~Author Note~
I will put a note in when you can play the song "La La La" by Naughty Boy. Hope you enjoy.

*Sunday, day before school starts, Keith POV*

Keith laid in his bed, pain still emanating where he was beaten yesterday. It was 9:30 am with the sun shining through the small window in an attempt to light up the bedroom.

Keith reluctantly rolled out of bed and got dressed. He grabbed a pair of sweatpants, an anime T-shirt, and his last binder. He got dressed and slowly made his way downstairs.

Once downstairs, there was no sign of life. Keith sighed in relief. The two bastards were out probably at one of the local bars getting drunk. That means that he had the house to himself for the next few hours, and he could let his injuries heal a little.

Keith made his way to the kitchen to get some breakfast only to notice a note on the fridge.

"Bitch, we are out on a day trip. Do your chores or your beatings will be worse.

-Do the laundry
- Mop the whole house
-Mow the front/back yard
-Take out the trash
-Clean the kitchen
-Clean ALL the bathrooms
-Clean out the fridge
-Wash the windows

Do that before we get home tomorrow morning, and you will be reward.

-Karen and Richard

Keith sighed to himself. How in the hell am I supposed to do all of this before tomorrow morning? I still have summer work I need to finish. Keith thought to himself angrily. Even after being with this couple for six months, Keith knew that the threat of a worse punishment was not an empty threat like his previous foster parents. Once, he didn't finish the chore list, and Karen rummaged through legal files and online just to find Keith's birth name and gender. To this day, the couple still call the boy Karly, not Keith.

Keith decided it was best to clean first, eat later. Now, you might be wondering, isn't this boy hungry. Well, he is, but the hunger pains have long passed. Karen and Richard hardly ever feed him in general so going a day without food is normal and the small boy has built up a tolerance to little food. Despite not eating yesterday, he was going to continue on to hopefully avoid an inevitable punishment.

He laid out a game plan in his mind. First, start laundry. While a load is in the washer, he will mop the house. Once done with a load of laundry and mopping the house, he'll do another load and mow the yard before it gets too hot. This also gives the floors a chance to dry, so he doesn't injure himself more. Then, do one last load of laundry, take out all the trash, clean the windows, scrub the bathrooms and kitchen, and clean out the fridge. (Yes, I did lay this out and the list above out very similar to help me and hopefully also help you as a reader 😊  )

With his whole day planned out, he grabbed his phone and ear buds, and he set to work cleaning.

It was eleven thirty by the time Keith finished mowing, and low energy levels were taking a toll. He was slightly stumbling when putting the lawn mower back into the shed in the backyard. Trying to keep himself steady, he was finally able to push the lawn mower back into the shed successfully with no injuries. He made his way back upstairs, tripping on some of the stairs in the process. Stumbling into the kitchen, he grasped onto the counter, energy levels plummeting from cleaning, horrid sleep, and having nothing to eat for two days.

Suddenly, Keith's knees buckled, and darkness swarmed the exhausted boy.

Keith laid on the ground, unconscious.

*Time Skip*

⚠Warning - Slight Abuse ahead⚠
SLAP
A belt whipped across Keith's back, jolting him awake and back to consciousness.