Chapter 6: Truth Reveal

Jason's POV

It has been a few days since I heard from anyone in my dysfunctional family. I guess that is mostly my fault as I haven't made any effort to talk to them. I had been so focused on finding out who Elaine was. I didn't realize how many people were named Elaine in the world and I didn't realize how hard it actually was just to find someone who appeared in your dreams not knowing anything about them. I wish I knew more.

I have come to believe that Damian knows something about her but he hasn't told me. He would always avoid the subject as if it were something bad. I didn't know if that was something to be taken as a good sign. I haven't seen her in a while though. The feeling that I had the other time when she felt familiar was still lingering but it was almost as if my brain wasn't working and couldn't remember. It must have been a moment before the pit. I still don't remember much from that time.

I hadn't gotten a decent amount of sleep. Maybe 2 or 3 hours in the past two days. Dick has attempted to talk to me but I pretty much ignored him. I didn't shower, I didn't eat, I had coffee and hour energies here and there and I went to the bathroom but that was all I did unless I was on my laptop doing research on Elaine.

That is when I might have found something. I blinked a few times to make sure I was actually seeing it. A news article about a girl found dead. There was no pictures but the girls name was Elaine. Described to have a short blond cut wearing a white dress. If that didn't sound Elaine, I don't know what did. I practically jumped and searched every database just to find pictures or something that could give me anything. That's when I came across something that was golden. A news casting with, as the headline said, new findings on the murder. The news cast was from eight years ago. Why did she appear to me? If this was eight years ago, why was she killed as such a young age and why was it a cold case? I clicked on the link and waited for the video to play.

"This is Victoria Lang with a special news forecast on the murder of a young girl behind a local motel. As some may know, this girl was only about 8 years of age and went by the name of Elaine Monroe. Her mother had previously stated that the girl playing in her backyard and when the mother went to check on her she was gone. After the mother had called the police explaining that her daughter was missing, just two hours later, she was found. The police hadn't said much as they wanted to respect the family and her memory however, we have interesting information to reveal to you tonight as a murder weapon has indeed been found. Today, police uncovered a path of dug up dirt right behind the motel near the body and discovered a katanna that was unfortunately, wiped of fingerprints and blood. However, considering that the weapon was close to the body and buried, forensics tend to think that the ability of it being the murder weapon is close to 95%. More information will be informed to parents when anything else may come up. My name is Victoria Lang. Back to you Perkins."

I didn't have any words. At least I had more information on the girl but deep down, I just felt bad that it even happened to the girl. Who would do something like that? Especially an eight year old. I shut my laptop and just sat there. I only knew one person in my entire life that has used a katana and that was Damian.

I shook my head and stood up suddenly to where the laptop fell off the bed but at the moment, I could have cared less about the laptop. I need to find Damian and confront him about this pronto. I opened the door to my room and came out of it stalking down the hallway. Dick had seen me and tried to stop me but all I did was shrug him off and I headed straight to Damian's room. I didn't know if he was in there but it was the first place that came to my mind.

As I approached his door, I didn't even bother to knock. I flung the door open and was met with a perfectly normal bedroom. As normal as it could get as there were pegs on the wall where all his weapons would sit. Some were still sitting on those pegs while some were missing. I could care less where they were. I huffed out hair and just slammed his door shut as I bumped into Tim.

"Jason? It's nice to see you out of your room but, is something wrong? You have been storming through the house like a maniac."

"Timmy.... does it look like I'm okay? It doesn't matter right now. Do you know where Damian is? I need to talk to him and its important."

I noticed that Tim had visibly flinched. That could mean anything. Tim had started to bite his lip and that made me worried. He never really did that unless something bad had happened and he was avoiding it or trying to talk about it.

"I don't know. He's missing. His signal went off and I went to get him but it was just laying in an alley. He was no where in sight. I don't know where he is Jay. I fear that somebody may have taken him again."

I didn't know how to respond as I just walked away. The brat got himself captured again. Damn it Damian where did you go this time?