35

"So, why don't you explain this fine establishment you've got here," Percy said almost politely. The gun had been pressed against Adrien's head for about an hour now, and Adrien was more than happy to explain each and every room.

They were at the monitor room, the screens that showed the heartbeats were the only thing Percy couldn't quite understand.

There was the bedroom, where Adrien kept live in 'subjects'. There were amplifying rooms where, as the name suggests, demigod powers are amplified. There's the restraining room, a large metallic room with almost medieval torture devices, for demigods who behaved 'less than satisfactory'. There were rooms that looked almost like regular bedrooms, except for the one way mirror they had for the wall.

"It's the monitor room we-- we track the progress of the subjects not on the base." Adrien rushed when Percy dug the gun into the side of his throat. "'Subjects not on the base' meaning the children I suppose. Are you trying to make sure they die or something?" Percy asked. "You made nineteen children terribly ill, something which can ultimately kill them, but you track their 'progress'," Percy said to Adrien. Adrien didn't answer.

"There are more than twenty monitors, so there are more subjects out there," Percy said. "Kenneth wouldn't need one, he's right here with you all the time," Percy said. Percy also silently noted that Kenneth, unlike the rest of the Twenty, wasn't sick.

Then again as Percy looked at the twenty-year-old that was in the fetal position on the floor of a lab, maybe Kenneth was a little... unhealthy.

"You sent a note to the camp, back in the earlier stages of the children's sickness. What did it say?" Percy asked, the note popping into his head. It was when the physical parts of the illness began coming into play, and one of the Apollo kids mentioned a note, one that only had one sentence on it.

"Nothing, just a slight warning to the doctors." Adrien said, arrogance revealing itself in his tone. Though Percy's trigger finger was itching, he held off on shooting the son of Aphrodite in the head out of pure restraint because of the young child clinging to his leg. 

 "He's finished! Begin the Operation." One of the scientists working on Eleven announced. The scientists scurried about, their eyes protected by goggles and their white lab coats stained with blood and oil.

Blood... I feel like I should be concerned about that but strangely I feel nothing. Percy thought. 

 "What operation are they talking about, Du Vel?" Percy asked the blond man who got an odd look in his eye. "Nothing you don't already know, Jackson." "Remind me then." Percy said. 

 "That it's a countdown from twenty, Jackson." Adrien said before grinning like an idiot. 

Blinding red lights began flashing on and off when a deafening siren sounded. "There are intruders! I'm sending the—" One of the scientists started but they were interrupted by their boss who still was at gunpoint. "Don't bother, they're here for him. It's best to not yet pick a fight against any deities." 

"Who's here?" Percy asked the scientists. At first, they didn't answer. Percy looked at Adrien expectantly. "Tell him," Adrien urged. "Uh... a horse and people dressed in silver." One of the scientists said. "Who's the maniac burning through walls? He's destroyed several amplifying rooms which must've destroyed thousands of data files." A scientist complained. 

So... Sabre, huntresses, and Leo then. 

"The one burning, we've yet to collect any data on someone like him. His whole body is enveloped in flames." One of the scientists mused. "We haven't seen anyone fly and use that many lightening bolts at a time. And that one is walking through shadows. Look how quickly he moves between rooms." Another one said, revealing that Jason and Nico were there too. "It's the daughter of death we ordered! She never did arrive though." One of the scientists exclaimed. Oh, Jasmine is here too. 

 Wait, unless they are all rushing to save an easily replaceable robot...

They know. 

 "I'll finish interrogating you later." Percy said. "Sadly, I'm afraid that won't be the case." Adrien said. 

" It's been fun and all, but I really just be going. I have things to do, you know? I'm sure you'll love spending more time with your son, though."

Percy didn't notice when Kenneth had moved, but the blond boy had latched onto Kai, his palm out covering her nose and mouth. No matter how much she struggled, Kenneth held the position of his hand, not allowing breaths to pass in or out of her lungs.

"Let him go, or she dies." Kenneth said, still blocking his sister from breathing. Kai's helpless eyes stated back at Percy as she frantically lashed about, trying to get away from her brother or at least take a breath. Percy thought of shooting both Kenneth and Adrien, but the struggling Kai would interfere with a clear shot and Percy couldn't risk shooting Kai. Well, he could, but shooting his only daughter didn't sound appealing to Percy.

There was no water around, and Kai and Kenneth were too close to each other for Percy to use his lightening. Percy tried to control Kenneth, but it was like he had built up a resistance and even though it made him clench his jaw and squeeze his eyes shut in pain, he still maintained his grip on Kai. 

As Kai's thrashing became weaker, Percy was forced to cooperate. He hastily shoved Adrien forward, and true to his word, Kenneth let Kai breathe. The little girl gasped for air as Kenneth didn't release her to Percy.

"Give her back." Percy said. "Nah, I think I'll keep her. She wants to hang out with her big brother, doesn't she?" Kenneth said, not letting her go. 

"Leave her be." A new voice commanded. Percy didn't have to turn to know that it was Nico appearing from the shadows. "How'd you get in here?" One of the scientists asked. Percy wondered how he got in here, too. "Because he's the goddamn Batman." Leo interjected. "Shut up, idiot." Thalia mumbled. 

Percy wasn't sure how strong Kenneth thought he was, but there was little doubt in Percy's  mind that Kenneth would be overpowered by Leo, Nico, Thalia, and Percy, and obviously his son was aware of that too. 

"Adrien, we need to go, now. " Kenneth warned. Adrien nodded in agreement. "You're right. Also, Kenneth, I'm truly sorry." 

"What?" 

"There's a passenger limit." 

Adrien was there one second, gone the next. Along with all of the scientists and Eleven. All that remained was Kenneth. 

"Where'd they go?" Leo asked. "No clue. But they left him." Nico said, nodding to Kenneth. "So, what, do we kill him?" Thalia asked. "No, we keep him alive to see what we can learn from him." Percy said. "You might as well kill me, then." Kenneth spat. "I like his idea." Thalia stated. Percy noticed Kenneth's hands began to shake and he had to think fast before he leveled the building or something. So he threw whatever was in his hand at him.

Percy's gun flung from his hand. The deadly weapon slammed itself in the middle of an off guard Kenneth's forehead with a sickening crack. "I hope what just broke was the gun." Leo said. Percy gave an audible sigh. "So is Will here or... " Percy said, glancing at the unconscious Kenneth. Kai shrunk away from her limp brother, bounding towards Nico, someone familiar. 

Whoops.

And that's it! What'd you think? I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you enjoy your holidays! So I'm gonna go, Bye!!!