3

I gasped as the sound of shouting woke me up from my nap.

"Bebette! Dinner's done! We're having Gumbo!" I faintly heard from the kitchen.

"I-I come coming Nonc!" 

Straightening my dress I trotted down the stairs and sat at the dining table.

"So how was your nap?" My uncle started in conversation 

"It was pleasant." I replied.

"Do you still want ice cream?"

"Not really anymore" I replied  as I took a big spoonful of delicious Gumbo.

"That's alright, I was supposed to work tonight anyways."

"Sorry Nonc.."

"S' Alright. Don't worry about the bowl." He said causing me to stop picking up my now empty bowl of Gumbo.

"I'm gonna get changed, probably sleep till morning."

I heard a faint "mmhm" from the kitchen so I made my way upstairs and got into my night gown. I traced it's dark red laces as I slipped on my cotton slippers, then proceeded to sit at my dresser.

I gently brushed through my small knots and dozed off into my thoughts.

"Alastor dear, where are we going? I giggled, whilst looking at our linked arms.

"I've told you already Sha, I want you to meet a friend of mine." Alastor replied.

It had been a month, my father is yet to know of my relationship with Alastor, and i'm sure he'll have a word or two to say about the kiss me and him had shared.

I sighed and looked up to him. He in return placed another had on my arm and kept leading me.

Although it's only been a month I've only found my self falling deeper in love with Alastor, he was so charming, so mysterious~ I just had to know more about him!

"We're here darling!" Alastor excitedly exclaimed.

"Where exactly is here?" I asked looking up at him questioningly.

I gazed around the area, it looked to be some sort of club near the center of the town, looking around I saw hundreds  of men, women, and children walking the streets, and greeting each other as they passed. 

I looked toward the club, the exterior was and off white color and lights lit up the dark sky, jazz was pouring through the windows, the beat causing Alastor to dance a bit as he led me through the doors.

As we entered it got louder, the music was so enthralling, I stared to shake a little to the beat as Alastor led me to a booth at the front of the bar. 

Alastor was tapping his feet to the sound of the jazz, whilst he was distracted I took a chance to look around the club.

There was a big stretch stage in the middle of the club, to the right of it was a bar crowded with people. As was the restroom on the opposite side of the club, the rest of the white and gold themed club was booths filled with people.