||C h a p t e r O n e||

So, I started to write another fic. I hope you'll like this one! :>

________________________________________________________________________

Her legs are getting tired, the sweats prickling in her forehead are running down her cheeks like tears rolling down that is soon dried by the strong wind blowing right in her face. She didn't mind it, she kept on running, she wanted to get away. Away from the flashing lights, away from this place. She hugged herself close as goosebumps sent her shivers through her body from the cold winter breeze of December. She doesn't know where she's going. She's now lost. She's running past big buildings with houses that she isn't familiar with. Although she lost sight of the paparazzi for a while now, she still wouldn't get over the fact that they were actually chasing her just to get a candid of her going out in the park, alone without security. She felt cold, as the winds blew harder. She gritted her teeth, her sight got blurry by the snow falling rapidly. She almost forgotten, there was a snow storm coming up and now she regretted the idea of having a walk at the park without a security.

She keeps running. She mentally scolded herself from thinking she have to stop. She couldn't bare think that a member of paparazzi would reach her if she slows down her pace. She adjusts her red beanie in her head as she buttons the top button of her coat.

As she kept on running, she heard a honk of horn from behind. It alerted her and she began quickening her pace as the thought of paparazzi following her with a vehicle came across her mind and it scared her. She didn't know what would these men would do to her if they caught her.

The car swerved into her direction and stopped quickly in front of her. It's too late. They've caught her. They're here, she couldn't escape anymore. And that's when she gave up running. She slowly stopped her pace as she stared at the black SUV. The thought of turning around came across her mind but as soon as the car doors' window rolled down, her heart stopped. A man peaked his uncovered head outside the window and cranes his neck towards to look at her.

"Get in!" The man yelled. The wind got pretty strong by the second, making her beanie flew off her head. She had no choice but to come with this guy as the winds blew harder and harder and the snow was falling much faster than before. She jogged towards the car's passenger door and the man opened it for her while inside and she got in.

Once inside, the man started the engine and quickly drove away.

The car ride was spent in stiff silence, both of them aware of each other's presence. She then spoke, breaking the ice.

"I thought you're one of the paparazzi men," she said, slightly panting from the running she had had. She's thankful she haven't collapsed in the middle of the road because of it with no sign of people even noticing her. She could've died there if she stayed a little longer, knowing there's a strong storm coming up.

"You could've died there," the man breathed. She looked up to look at him and gave him the smallest smile. "What are you even doing out there?" He asked.

"They were following me," she said chuckling softly. "Paparazzi. Always gonna do everything just to get a nice candid." She muttered quietly.

"Yeah. I feel you." The man agreed.

"Thank you for saving me back there, though, Joe Alwyn." She said, giving the man a grateful smile.

The man smiled back, turning to look at her briefly before darting is gaze back to the road.

"I still can't believe I'm in the same car as Taylor Swift." He said, making them both giggle before both of them spent the ride in silence again. In that moment in the car with this man's presence, Taylor felt truly safe. And somehow that was everything.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Okay, so this is the first chapter! Yup, I know it's short but the next chapters' length would (hopefully) satisfy you. It would be longer than this one, I promise. I'm just introducing the characters right here and I hope you'd be patient with me and will stick with this story til the end. Thank you for reading! Love you! <3

~Raine