The Retired Black Sorcerer

Warning! Poorly written chapters and ugly grammars! Exit at your own risk and sanity! T^T

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

Master Arcturus was an old man that lived at the top of the mountain located near the edge of Obelia’s territory, below that mountain is a little village that wasn’t even written in the obelia’s map.

Athanasia didn’t even know that the place existed if she hadn’t accidentally teleported to the center of its magical energy when she was 12

The man with burgundy eyes didn’t seem to change much from the last time she was with him. 

The same wrinkled face and beard, and the permanent frown etched on his face.

It work in her favor that there’s no known record about the small village named ‘Eden’, It was just granted to them by the previous emperor of obelia (who didn’t really care at that time when he gave that piece of land to his dear friend that somehow turns into a village at some point) 3 generations ago

Arcturus, a ‘retired’ black magic wizard lived at the top of the mountain, your typical old man with wrinkled face and greying hair that used to sit in the field of grass and muse something about his past. Even after knowing him for 5 years, Athanasia wasn’t able to uncover half of the wizard’s mystery

At some point he started ‘taking’ the orphans that stumbled into his territory, he would’ve taken them into the village below the moment he found them but the children, Especially the first one who influenced the other children’s mind to stay with him, literary became attach to the ‘old, kind grandpa that chase away the monsters’ on  their first meeting and so he hesitantly conceded (After 7 tries of going to the village back and forth with the first child in tow after the little brat got lost in the mountain 7 times to find him)

Convincing the old wizard to be her mentor had been tiring, enough to let her face scrunch into a grimace when recalling the only thing that will make the unmovable old bum to agree to her pleas

Babysitting

It’s wasn’t fun running around and catching 10 hyperactive kids inside the forest, Old Athanasia had to satiate their demand of playing till the end of the day. How the old man manages to take care of these little hellions with that creaking bones of his remains a mystery too.

She was 12 at that time, a child who was isolated from the outside world and never seen a child near her age with the exemption of the drawing of a child’s anatomy in a book she once read in her library. Of course, she will be clueless as to how to act like a proper, hyperactive child.

She didn’t even know how they got the time to train after everything
She gradually got used to it, and at some point, reluctantly admits that she looks forward in seeing them whenever Lillian is away.

Athanasia even saw them as her brothers and sisters to take care of, to play tag or hide and seek, and she, as the unquestioned Older sister, with a mysterious grandfather.

A small, isolated part of her admits that she misses them the most.

But what happens if these children weren’t even here yet?

What will be her leverage to sway the stubborn old man?

The first child that Arcturus took under his wings was Ceres, which was 4 years younger than her, claimed to be found by the wizard when he was six. it would be another 3 years before Ceres stumble himself into the forest before the old man will finally got attached to the overbearing child and take Ceres under his wing.