twenty.

-

-

You and Chan were in the car the next morning, on your way to your apartment. You were in desperate need of your own clothes, and you felt bad for wearing all of Changbin's attire.

"Hey, Chan?" You said slowly, remembering something.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I was looking out my window the other day, and I saw a car parked by the curb. There were at least two people in it, but I tried not to think too much about it."

He looked over at you, then back at the road. "Well, it caught your eye, so something must've been weird."

"It was really weird, but I didn't want to overthink it."

He nodded. "Okay, well if something weird happens again, tell me and we'll investigate it."

You murmured a small, 'I will' as he parked in front of your apartment complex. "Do you want me to come in with you?" He asked.

"It won't take me long, so you can stay here if you want."

You got out and quickly went inside, up to your apartment, and unlocked the door. You went to your bedroom and got a suitcase from the closet, then you started grabbing clothes and throwing them inside of it. You told Chan you wouldn't take long, so you tried to gather everything you needed quickly, but you stopped when you heard a creak to your left.

You looked over and froze at the sight of a larger man in your doorway. "Man, I really need to get a better lock system." You muttered to yourself.

"How are you, dear?" He asked, his voice deep and raspy.

"A little freaked out. Who are you?" You questioned.

"Name's not important, sweetheart."

You registered his words and remembered how you told Minho that, because you wanted to keep a low profile. This guy was at your apartment for a dangerous reason.

You reached down under your pillow, but before you could grab your gun, the guy put something over your face, and you thrashed in his grip as you passed out.

Chan had been waiting for thirty minutes, and he was starting to get curious, and a little worried. He went up to your apartment and walked right in, since it was unlocked, and felt that heavy sense of dread fall into the pit of his stomach. He searched the rooms, and sighed angrily as he found your bedroom slightly distressed.

He sighed in frustration and called Changbin, speaking as soon as he picked up. "Someone took Y/N. Get everything set up at the house, we're tracking her phone and hacking into her apartment complex surveillance cameras for the footage. I'll search here and see if I find anything, but start working on it now, please."

"Got it." Was all Changbin had to say before Chan hung up.

The temperature is what woke you up, the room you were in being extremely cold. You found that whoever took you from your home had stripped you down into your undergarments only, and you scowled to yourself.

There were chains hanging from the ceiling, with handcuffs on the end, and of course, your wrists were what occupied the cold metal. Your feet were barely touching the ground, and you were caged in, even though the room seemed heavily barricaded.

It looked like you were in a basement of some sort, the small window near the ceiling, and the staircase leading up to a door giving it away. You shivered as the door swung open, and two men came down the stairs.

"Well, hello there, princess." One of them said. "You can call me, sir."

You let out a wry laugh. "I don't think I will."

He tilted his head. "You're a federal agent. Aren't you taught to respect everyone?"

"Sure, I respect people who deserve it." You replied.

He laughed and stepped back, making the second man step forward. "Do you know why you're here?"

"No," you shook your head. "But I wish I had some clothes."

"Tough luck, kid." He growled. "You know what's coming up in a week, right?" He questioned.

You thought about it and felt that dreadful pit in your stomach open up. Nausea creeped it's way into your body, and you thought you'd vomit.

You looked up with angry eyes. "My fathers parole release."

"Did you get any information?" Chan asked as he walked through the front door.

"Her phone's off," Seungmin said. "But we have a visual of someone walking towards Y/N's apartment at nine forty-two this morning, which is about an hour before you guys would have gotten there."

Chan scrunched his eyebrows and stood straight. "If they knew we were going to her apartment, that means..."

He trailed off as he walked toward your bedroom, where both of you stood the previous night so you could ask him to go to your apartment. He searched the borders on the wall and stopped when he saw a small, yet noticeable, black mic taped to the border. He grabbed it off the wall and threw it on the ground, stomping on it so it definitely wouldn't pick up any more audio.

"How'd you know that it would be there?" Hyunjin asked.

"Unless one of you is working with this guy and tattled on our conversation, which I know isn't the case, then they had to have been listening." Chan explained.

"How'd they get in the house?" Felix added on.

Chan felt uneasy at the question, knowing that a stranger intruded on his families home unnoticed. "I'm not sure. We'll figure it out."

Seungmin had began running the man from the complex's footage through the database, and it took nearly twenty five minutes for a match to pop up.

"His name is Na DaeJung. It says that his current work place is at," Seungmin paused and looked a little closer. "Shik AI."

"What?" Jisung snapped. "Since when?"

"Since Y/N started working there." Seungmin said softly.

Jisung sat back angrily, and Chan focused on Seungmin again. "What's does he do there?"

Seungmin sighed. "He's a janitor, so you guys probably didn't see him that much."

"He looks a little familiar," Felix said. "I knew something was a little off about him."

"Okay," Chan walked towards Jisung. "Please get everything you can on him, and Jisung, come with me."

Jisung followed Chan to his bedroom, and Chan shut the door after him. "Yes?" Jisung asked.

"I know you're upset about Y/N-"

"This guy was in the same building as us, at the same time, Chan! I never even noticed him." Jisung groaned.

"It's not your fault, not even Y/N noticed him. This was completely unexpected. What we need to do right now is stay focused, so that we get Y/N back into this house safely and unharmed, okay?"

Jisung pushed his hair back out of frustration. "Okay."

-