chapter 1

Y/n's P.o.V.

I wake up in my dorm room. I was in my own bed, as usual. I groggily rub my eyes and sit up, looking at the clock on my bedside table. It was 9am. Considering how early I normally had to get up from get to classes, this was pretty late.

I move my blanket off of myself and swing my legs over the edge of the bed. I stand and walk out of my room and into the living room. I see Judy eating a bowl of cereal.

Having gotten food in the middle of the night, I knew that we didn't have much milk left. I glare at her. "Did you use the rest of the milk?" I ask.

Her eyes go wide as she looks at me. She shoveled the rest of her food into her mouth and a muffled "no...?" Emitted from her. I grown loudly and walk into the small kitchen area and look in the fridge. No milk. I sigh.

"If you really want milk then go to the store and buy some." Judy told me, her mouth still mostly filled with cereal. I glare at her. "You should do it! You're the one that used it all!" I protest.

She paused. "Well maybe you should have gone shopping last night like you promised!" She shot back. I stop. Was I supposed to go shopping yesterday? ....shit, I was. Judy did have a valid argument. I grumble quietly  and walk to the door, grabbing my keys. I hear her laugh in triumph as I slip my shoes on.

I hide a grin as I walk outside and to my car. I unlock it and get into the driver's seat. I start the car and back out of the space I had previously parked in and pull out of the parking lot. I drive to the store that was only mile from the dorms and pull into a parking spot.

I get out of my car and walk into the store. I located the milk and grab a half gallon. I walk to the front where the cashier was and gave the milk to them. They scan the dairy product as I grab my wallet out. "That'll be $4.08" they told me. I give the cashier a $5 bill. They take it and moments later give me my change.

They smile at me and say "have a nice day." I return the smile and say "you too." As I grab the milk and put my wallet in my pocket. I take the milk with me as I get into my car. I set the milk in the passenger seat. I pause before buckling the milk into the seat. "Can't take a chance." I say to myself as I buckle and start the car.

As I drive home, all I can think about is how Judy betrayed me by using the rest of the milk. I get back to the dorms and get out of my car, taking the milk with me.

As I walk to my dorm, I see a flyer posted up on the flyer board that was on campus. I look at it curiously. I read out loud what the flyer said. "Volunteers wanted - experiment by the tech lab on campus..." I look at the rest of the flyer. "$500 dollars per test!?" I exclaim.

I'm even more shocked when I see the flyer state that the volunteers are needed for at least a week of participation. I feel my pockets with my free hand and take a picture of the flyer.

I rush to my dorm and almost run into the door. I quickly unlock the door and shout "JUDY!!". Judy, who had been on the couch since I woke up, looked at me. "What?" She asked. I dash to the kitchen and put the milk in the fridge and quickly turn to her. I nearly fall as I quickly waddle to the couch and take out my phone.

I show her the picture of the flyer. She takes a moment to read before she squints suspiciously. "A lab experiment? That pays $500 per test? That seems like a scam." She tells me. I shrug. "What's the worst that could happen?" I ask. "Uh, you could get MURDERED." She replied.

I shrug again. "Worth a shot though." I grin. She sighs. "I give up with you." She goes back to writing her story. I laugh quietly and look at the picture of the flyer. It says that volunteer signups were at 6pm at one of the tech buildings. I look at my watch. 11:56am. Looks like I have a lot of time to kill.

So of course I spent it playing otome games! Of course, time was killed. It was almost 6pm in no time. I left after saying bye to judy and walked to the building the tests were being held. I walk into the building and see a few other people sitting in one of the classrooms with clipboards, writing things down.

I look and see an adult sitting at the front of the room. I walk up to him. He sees me
"Are you here to volunteer?" He asked. I nod. He gives me a clipboard and a pencil. "Just fill this out and we'll call you tomorrow."

"Great" I smile and walk to one of the seats and sit down. I look over the paper on the clipboard and write my answers. One of the questions was "given the choice, what videogame world would you like to visit?"
Without hesitation I write down dangerous fellows.

I finish filling out the questions. I look up and see that most of the other volunteers had left already. I stand up and turn in the clipboard. The man says "have a good day" as he took the clipboard from me. "You too." I say, walking out of the classroom and out of the building.

As I walk back to my dorm I think of what the tests could possibly consist of. I was excited to get the call tomorrow. I hope that Judy was wrong and that this wasn't just a scam.

A/n
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry if this sucks. I'll be trying to make the next chapter longer. I wont say it'll be out tomorrow because it probably won't. It'll most likely be out on Sunday or Monday. If I even remember to write it lol. Hope you have a good day/night.