Silent Hill

My mom told me to never go on that hill.

But I did.

You can't blame me. I am more curious than a cat.

And besides, there was something about the hill that interested me. The hill was a mystery. A mystery that I needed to solve, and, if I didn't solve it, I would be asking about it for the rest of my life. 

So here's the story of Silent Hill:

My name is Sally. I am twelve years old. I have curly blonde hair and diamond blue eyes.

I was just laying in my bed. I looked at my digital clock. 10:43. I should probably go to sleep. My mom will be mad if she finds out  that I'm staying up past my bedtime. But I was reading a book. A blanket lay over my legs, body, and head. I held a flashlight on the book's pages. The book was titled Silent Hill. It was about a hill that people say was haunted. I'm a sucker for horror and mystery, so this book was perfect for me.

I read the first page of the book. Silent Hill is a hill in Austin, Texas. Officials claim the area is haunted and, if you go to the hill, you are supposed to become death, never able to hear again. Officials say to never go to Silent Hill. It is simply too risky. There have been reports of people becoming death after they have roamed to the haunted hill. 

Spooky, I thought. Silent Hill was right beside my house. It was only a quarter mile away. Maybe...I could go there.

Footsteps. I heard footsteps coming towards  my room. I gasped. I closed my book, turned off my flashlight. I threw all the items on the floor and snuggled into my blanket. I closed my eyes and tried to look asleep. 

My mom walked in. She looked around my room. She probably just came home from work. She always checks on me before I go to bed. She approached me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled under the covers. When my mom went out, I picked up the book and looked at it. It was a heavy book. It had two hundred pages inside. All about stories of people who went to Silent Hill and never came back. About people who ventured into Silent Hill and had became death days later. I decided to bring the book with me. It had some important information about the hill.

I hurried down the stairs, carrying the book with me. I grabbed my jacket and put it on, along with my boots and gloves. I looked around for my mom. She was in her room sleeping. I went to the front door, opened it, and went outside.

It was cold and windy outside. I hugged the book closer to me, and headed towards the hill. I knew exactly where it was. When I was little, my mom told me to stay away from that area, but now I was venturing into it. And I was excited. A little adventure never harmed anyone. 

But it would harm me, and I was too curious to even think about the consequences of what I was doing.

I walked through the forest. The trees were taller than anything I had ever seen. They reached all the way up into the sky, into the clouds. They were eerie. And they had no leaves. Just tall, dead trees.

The air was cold and misty. But that was okay. I liked the cold. I liked the silence and calmness of the forest. There was nothing to be scared of, and rumors of the hill being haunted didn't scare me.

I saw the hill. It was only about ten yards away. My heart froze. Not from the cold, but from excitement. I approached the hill and stepped on the slope. The hill wasn't that tall or steep, so it was easy to climb. I made it up in just a couple minutes. I looked around the hill with interest.

Ring. Ring. RING. The ringing didn't stop. My ears started to hurt. I let out a scream, surprised that I couldn't hear it, and I fell on the ground. I felt the cold grass tickle my face, mocking me of my misfortune. I shouldn't have ever gone to this hill. Because now, I was death.