Always in your heart.

My love,

I'm writing this final note for you. It's a tiny piece of me that you can always take with you wherever you go. Because I don't want you to forget me. Because I want you to be able to look back on this time and smile. Please don't stop smiling, don't ever stop smiling.

Since you're reading this right now, I'm gone. I've disappeared, vanished, departed. That means that everything has gone the way it should've. You're safe and sound and hopefully one day you'll be happy as well. I know I am.

Sounds incredibly selfish of me to leave you here with nothing except for this note, not even a proper goodbye or even a casual "I'll see you later". I didn't have time for any of those no matter how hard I've tried to pull some strings on it. This is it. This is my "So long, Farewell."

This is my "Goodnight my love, I'll see you in a bit."

Have I ever told you how much I love you? How much I adore you in every single way that is humanly possible? I don't think any simple words of love could ever describe what I feel for you, how badly I want you in every way possible. I've always wanted you to be mine, and it might be wrong of me to say because you're certainly not an object for me to claim, but god do I want you to mine now and always.

Remember when we met? You were eighteen and I had just turned sixteen. You had those brilliant, shiny, perfect, blue eyes that could light up a whole room full of darkness. You had that cheeky smile of yours, that mischievous little smile you always smiled whenever you tried your very hardest to impress me. (Spoiler alert; it worked.)

And don't get me started on your voice. The first time I heard you sing and talk I felt my insides turn into flowers and butterflies and it all just swirled around in a big hurricane of love. Yes, love. I fell for you instantly, and no matter what you tell me when you want to impress me or play tough, I know you did too.

I didn't know it back then, but I do now. I do now because every time I glanced your way I would see your pretty eyes searching for mine. They longed for each other, like two twin flames that had finally found each other.

Remember how your mum always joked about us being soulmates? How we'd laugh along and sneak a kiss and a touch or two. Well, I do believe that your mum was right. She saw it first, and it's taken me years to realize that she wasn't trying to make a joke at the dining table, she was telling us the truth. The true love story between you and I.

I miss her so terribly much, your mum. The most precious angel in the sky.

I'm sitting right next to you as I'm writing this. It's 3am and you're soft asleep. You're so peaceful, so cuddly and so precious, you're my precious baby. My boy.

It's hard for me to write things about you, about my feelings for you, because when I think about it I just want to cry out in happiness and sadness and love and everything at the same time. My feelings towards you are endless and you're always going to be my everything. If it weren't for this, if there'd be another solution to all this, I would've proposed to you already. I wanted to do it a few months ago, September 28th. Our day.

I still remember it clear as day. How you were trembling out of nervousness and how I teased you about it. How we sat down at that lovely table in that fancy restaurant and how you treated me with the most expensive champagne they had to offer. "This date is on me," you said. I didn't respond, instead I pulled you in for a long kiss.

And you were so brave, so brave, so brave, so brave.

"I know this isn't much, and I know this isn't anywhere near where I want to be with you right now, but it's a beginning. It's to many beginnings actually, because I promise to always love you with all my heart and to always be with you by your side. I love you so much."