Lost

I open my eyes slowly. I turned my head side to side. I was surrounded my trees. There was a campfire in front of me. I move a little to see if I could get up but instead falling back down. My head was pounding. I look down at my arm and see a bandage wrapped around it with blood on it. Where am I?

I hear the bushes rustle behind me. I try and look back. "About time you woke up." I hear the familiar voice from behind the tree. Merle came into view from behind the tree. "What happened?" I asked.

"I was runnin' out when I saw you on the ground. Did ya' see Andrea or my brother get out?" He asked.

"I saw Daryl get out with Beth. No sign of Andrea." I said while putting my head down.

"Thank you for getting me."

"We might be the only people in our group lef..."
He started before I interrupted.

"No! I know they made it. They are strong. And I'm going to find Rick." I said while trying to sand up. I then fall to the ground. "Cmon' Sunshine, you can barely stand." He said.

He tried to help me but I pushed him away. "I need to find him!" I cried. He then grabbed me as I broke down crying. "Sh......Shhh."
He tried to calm me down but all I ever wanted was Rick and to be happy again. "Ya' need to calm down before you hurt yourself." He said.
I probably already had a concussion along with my arm. At least the bullet grazed my arm instead shattering inside me. My heart aches for something. We lost everything, everyone. It was over.

•••

The past couple hours was sleep. All I needed to do. My arm would heal faster. Merle kept watch the whole time. I wake up and look at my watch. I was surprised it was still working after all that has happened. It was 7:34 and it was almost dark. I felt better to I picked up my knife and got up. My legs were shaky for a second but I kept balance. "Woah, where are you going?" Merle asks them stops lighting a fire.

"I need to find him." I said while walking off. Merle started following me. "Look, we can do this in the Mornin'." He stated.

"Nope, there ain't nothing you can do Dixon." I said while dodging tree branches as we kept walking. "I feel better so we have to do something."
He didn't try to stop me as we walked further. I found a walker and didn't hesitate. I stabbed it in the head with my good arm and continued walking. "Man, you really want to find him."

I stopped in my tracks. "Really, I love him. And I need to see if he's safe. I don't know what I'll do if I loose him."
He puts his hands up with his eyebrows up in surrender. I walked by him hitting his shoulder in the process.

The only light we had left was the full moon. I saw train tracks a few feet in front of us. I walked faster to the tracks. "Could they have came through here?" I asked knowing him and Daryl knew how to track.
He looked down around us "Nope."

I sighed and started walking the opposite direction.

Soon we found a road. The road was the road from the prison that heads to the city. I looked at the distance squinting my eyes to find the bus. "Come on." I said as I started sprinting towards the bus. The emergency door in the back was open. There were dead people on the ground. They were stabbed in the head and we all knew these people. "Someone has been here." Merle said pointing to footprints.

"Doesn't look like the dead." He finished.

"Well.... lets go." I said while following the footprints. I was determined to find someone. I knew they made it out.

"Looks like four sets of footprints. Walking together and not press out like the dead." He said catching up to me.

The footprints led us to the tracks again. We then found a little building and decided to spend the night there. It was more like a little storage closet for the train station. Merle and I smelt smoke and saw smoke over east. It was a little odd and it wasn't coming from the prison.

•••

I wake up from a stronger smell of smoke. I see Merle asleep. He must have fell asleep in the middle of watch last night. At least nothing came across us.
I woke up Merle and wanted to continue walking. I took a drink of water and passed the bottle to Merle.

I put my knife in my holster and started walking. Over in the distance I could see something that I couldn't see in the dark. I walk closer with Merle behind me. There was a sign on a pole. I read in shock.

Sanctuary for all
Community for all
Those who arrive
Survive.

"Do you think this is true?" I asked.

Merle shrugged his shoulders while looking up at the black smoke rising from the trees. I rolled me eyes and looked at the map behind the sign. All we needed to do was follow the tracks to find Terminus.

If anyone has seen that sign they are probably on their way. It's going to be a long journey but it's worth a chance. Merle was stingy about going and don't get me wrong I was too. I just think we might find our people there.

An hour of walking and running out of water we were maybe almost half way there. I looked ahead and saw another sign with a dead walker underneath. The words were written in blood.

Glenn come to Terminus

Maggie, Sasha, Bob, and Andrea.

"They are alive!" I say and hug Merle.

He smiled as I high-fived him. I smiled "Come on Dixon, we're going to Terminus."

(Edited)