36

"Let's go talk to Luke about all of this, pretty girl" Ashton told her, pulling her hair off of her neck due to her anxiety making her hot and clammy- we didn't want her passing out.

"I don't want him to feel guilt tripped-" "he needs to know that you feel this way Vanessa"

It didn't take much more convention before I was leading her- still crying- body down the stairs.

She had reached her rock bottom breaking point and I had never seen her at this point, she couldn't even stop crying, and we could all tell she was trying.

"Luke" I spoke, seeing him and Michael look up from their phones in shock at Vanessa's crying state.

"What's wrong, Princess?" Luke immediately set down his phone, full attention going to her- which relieved me.

"Luke" she cried out- so much desperation in her voice that it almost made me want to cry.

"What's wrong, Vanessa?" He became more worried, reaching out for her to hold his hands.

"I don't want you to leave me again" she cried out.

"But yet I want you to be happy- and- and you said this makes you happy, b-but I miss you and I-I miss my mom, I j-just need one weekend with you guys" she stuttered through her crying, almost begging him.

"Okay princess, we can stay home." He immediately nodded, holding her hands into his own.

"I don't want you to be sad though" she sobbed.

"Who said that staying home makes me sad?" He asked her calmly, rubbing her arms to attempt to calm her down.

"You said you were finally happy and over my mom, and going out is what helped with that" she spoke, Luke wiping her tears slowly.

"Princess, now that is completely not what I meant when I said I was happy. I'm so sorry that I even let this get into your head. Yes, going out distracted me at first and got your mom more off my mind, but I got over her quick and now we go out just with our friends- I don't do it because it keeps me happy, I just do it because it's offered, I never ever realized that it was hurting you and if I would've, I promise you, I would've never even began going." He spoke to her quickly.

"Will you just stay home tonight?" She hiccuped out, making us all almost awe.

"Yes princess, I have no desire to go out."

Luke.

This breakdown caused for massive family bonding.

At first we all just sat at the table and let her talk out all of her feelings, which were intense, she was stressed, she was sad and she was drained- I was mad at myself for never noticing what she was actually going through internally.

Once she told us that she felt better, and once we assured her that we loved her and that each of us were happy with her, she smiled lightly.

"So can we all cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie?"

So that's what we did.

We let her pick, and after searching for a solid five minutes, she picked Elf, smiling to us.

"Since it's almost Christmas"

As Calum started it he smiled

"It's November, but I'll let it count" he smiled, kissing her head before sitting beside her, letting Ashton beside him before I sat on the other side of her, letting Michael sit on the other side of me.

We all grabbed a blanket- Ashton and Vanessa sharing.

During one of the slower portions of the movie, I felt Vanessa's head lay on my shoulder.

"I have something else to tell you" she whispered, still not sounding as happy as normal.

"What?" I asked her, holding her hand gently to assure her that anything was okay.

"I failed my math test." She spoke, which I was surprisingly able to quickly respond to.

"That's okay" I mumbled, kissing her head gently.

"We'll figure something out Monday, but until then- let's not even think about school." I told her, feeling her squeeze my hand.

She had been through enough- I wasn't going to lecture her over her grades now.

"I love you guys" she spoke to the room, making each of us smile.

"We love you even more, V" michael responded for us, his head hitting my shoulder too, making me smile

"yeah" I sighed out.

"I love you guys too"