1 - Eye Snogging

Ophelia Lourdes sat with Remus Lupin in the library, working on their homework. Remus' other three friends had left them, claiming the will do their homework later but Ophelia didn't believe them one bit. James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew were just troublemakers. Although James was exceptionally good in class, he still was a troublemaker. Sirius wasn't different as well. He gave Ophelia a run for her money, always behind her with the marks. Peter on the other hand, was more of a follower. He was extremely loyal to his friends.

"Lia, what's the answer to the second last question?" Remus whispered and Ophelia looked up. She looked down to scan her answer.

"Merlin's ass." She said with a smirk and Remus blinked. She then laughed at his reaction, earning glares and a chorus of 'keep quiet' from the people around them. She mumbled an apology. "But honestly, I don't know. I wrote down random things."

"You suck." Remus muttered, scribbling something on the paper. He then smiled, slammed his hand down on the table, earning even more glares than Ophelia and he muttered an apology. "Done!"

"I beat you to it!" Ophelia beamed proudly and Remus gave her a confused look. "What do you think the rest are up to?"

"Knowing Sirius and James, probably pranking people." Ophelia nodded in agreement. They picked their things up, and made their way to the doors. They walked in silence most of the way, greeting the people she knew. The only few people who didn't loathe her or fear her. She stopped when she spotted Lily Evans talking to Severus Snape. She told Remus she'd catch up with him. She wanted to ask Lily something but then decided against it, and went with Remus instead. "What did you want to ask Lily?"

"Uh, nothing." She shook her head. "Just forget it." Remus couldn't help but notice how disappointed she looked. But he let it go, just like she asked. He was her only close friend and he didn't want her to loose that.

Something horrible had happened to Ophelia in their second year. Something that made people fear her and the thought of her being a monster was cemented in their brains.

Odd as it seems, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter were all there for her. She joined them a couple of times in the Shrieking Shack, but after an incident, she never went back.

"Watch out Remus, you'll end up like Ford Freeman." A Gryffindor boy sneered as he passed and Ophelia's cheeks burned scarlet. She could feel the tears brimming in her eyes. She didn't understand why people still talked about it, it happened four years ago. She hoped people would have forgotten about it, but they hadn't.

"Shut your bloody mouth Beckett!" Remus growled but the boy only laughed, stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked off. "Don't let him get to you Lia." He sighed, stopping her. "He's a prick."

"Yeah, he is." She smiled and they continued to walk. But Remus could tell that the words had gotten to her. He could hear the sadness in her voice, he could hear how broken she was, he could see the tears glistening in her dull gray eyes. "When is the full moon?"

"In two days time." Remus replied and he swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat. He hated every single torturing second of being cooped up in the Shrieking Shack. Although his friends had risked their lives and became Animagi for his sake, he felt as though it wasn't enough. He needed Ophelia to be there.

"Is it okay if I — I come along?" She nervously asked. She pushed her beach blonde hair back and looked at Remus, tears still glistened in her eyes but she didn't mind it that much now. She was with Remus, her friend, her savior, her hero, her brother. "If you're afraid that uh — what happened last will happen again, then let's just—"

"No Lia, we'd love to have you there. It's been quite boring these three months. And quiet." He chuckled. Ophelia might be extremely shy and extremely quiet in class, but when around her friends, people who she felt comfortable around with, she turned into a babbling fish.

Ophelia smiled at him, before they finally reached the painting of the Fat Lady, Remus said the password and they slipped in. They spotted the three friends seated in front of the fire. James and Sirius were in a heated conversation about why the Hufflepuff house was near the kitchen while Peter merely sat there, fiddling with his wand.

Ophelia sat down next to Peter with a heavy sigh and threw her books on the table with a loud bang. The two bickering friends stopped to look at her before arguing again. Ophelia raised her brow at Peter, who just shook his head at her and continued to fiddle with his wand. Remus plopped himself beside her and he and Peter began a pointless conversation about how deadly water can be.

"How about we not talk about water and argue about pointless bile, and actually talk about something that may or may not make me puke." Ophelia said when she felt as though she had enough of their stupid conversations. They all looked at her with a brow raised. She then stood up to sit on the table to have a good look at them all. "Valentines day!"

A groan escaped from them all, except Remus who only shook his head in disapproval. "We don't do that." Peter said and Ophelia scoffed.

"Oh shut it Pettigrew! I've seen you eye snogging Blanche!" She smirked as the tips of his ears turned blood red, as well as his face. She let out a snort as James and Sirius began bugging him about who this Blanche is. He refused to tell them so Ophelia did it for him. "She's a Hufflepuff, dark hair, dark skin, and she's really tall."

"Everyone is tall to you Lourdes." Sirius snickered and Ophelia rolled her eyes at him.

"Ha ha, how funny and very original." She said with a straight face. Ophelia was short, and having tall friends sometimes bugged her because she had to look up while she spoke and it hurt her neck. "Who have you been eye snogging Black?"

"M—me?" Sirius asked, surprised. Ophelia nodded at him with a sigh, and he didn't know if it was hunger but he could feel something flutter in his stomach. He brushed it off. "No one really." He shrugged his shoulders, slipping his tie over his head. "What about you Lourdes, who is the lucky guy?"

Ophelia chuckled. "Even if I was eye snogging someone, that person would most likely be afraid of ending up like Ford Freeman." She shrugged her shoulders and they fell into a deadly silence. Sirius regretted ever asking, but to their surprise, Ophelia didn't have tears in her eyes. "And you Prongsie?"

"Unlike you three cowards, I'll be honest." He began, running a hand through his brown hair. "You know Lily Evans? The little redhead of Gryffindor? Yeah, I've been eye snogging her."

"Isn't she with Snape or something?" Ophelia asked confused. She saw them in the hallway just a few minutes before and Lily liked sitting with Severus under his lonely squad tree. Remus then shook his head and Ophelia got the message. "And lastly, my favorite friend, who have you been eye snogging?"

"Hey! I thought I was your favorite!" Sirius yelled out and Ophelia rolled her eyes at him and stuck out her tongue. "I'll get you for this Lourdes."

"I'd like to see you try Black." She smirked at him before facing Remus. "Come on, spill the beans."

"There aren't any beans to spill because they died." Remus simply said before shrugging and Ophelia shook her head in disapproval. She plopped down between them again and crossed her arms.

"I guess we all will be lonely on Valentines day then." She whined before resting her head on Remus' shoulder. "I mean you guys have a better shot at snogging someone unlike me." She sighed. She sometimes wondered if she didn't pull her wand out on Ford four years ago and used an unforgivable curse on him, if things would have been better for her. Probably not because her best friend was a werewolf, and their group of friends included a dog, a stag and a rat. Yeah, definitely not. And not to mention, she was a vixen.