C H A P T E R : F O R T Y - F O U R

***Edited***
Chapter 44: I Will Always Love You

A U B R E Y  R O S E  T U C K E R

I sit alone in this cold jail cell. It's so cold and the short dress that I'm wearing isn't helping me at all.

I look at the floor and shake visibly, my teeth clicking together.

Preston

Preston

Preston

Preston!

Preston made me crazy. He turned me into someone I'm not. I'm probably all over the news right now, people not knowing the back story to my deranged actions. Not knowing how many times he's hurt me. How many tears I shed for this guy.

And the messed up part about this was that...I would still jump into his arms right now and forgive him regardless of everything. Fuck everything...I still love him.

Trust me...TRUST ME, I don't want to love him, cause this is what happens every time.

▶️ | Bazzi - Why  | ▶️

"Aubrey Tucker, you're Lucky all charges have been dropped. You're a free woman." The officer said opening the cell. They lead me out to where Preston is and he runs to me hugging me.

I cry and hug him back.

"Preston please don't do this to me." I sob and I feel his tears drop onto my head as he puts his hands on my hair.

"Aubrey..." he bends down on his knees and he hugs my legs. "Aubrey, please just forgive me. You don't have to be my friend just yet...but please...please forgive me. I never meant to." He shakes his head and his tears fall out like a river.

"Aubrey please."

"Stand up." I whisper and he looks at me, but does as I tell him.

I wrap my arms around his neck and I kiss him. He kisses me back immediately and I pull out.

"Remember What I told you Preston? Remember what I told when I got my memory back?" He smiles softly and nods.

Flashback

"You would never lose me Preston. You'll always have me, do you hear? I don't care what happens, cause I always keep running back to you. I'll stop seeing Luke, I promise. I just...I'm sorry." He looks at me and kisses me.

End of Flashback

"I could never loose you. I'll always have you. You don't care what happens cause you'll always keep running back to me." He said and I smiled a small smile.

"Please just take me home." I say letting go of him and walking out the police station. I stop when I realise he probably got here with an Uber since I did things to his car.

"Yep. I don't have a car and a house thanks to you," He kisses my cheek and pulls out his phone. He does something on his phone and he tells me to wait, so we sit in a bench.

"Preston I'm sorry that I destroyed your things. I just acted immediately, I was furious. You can stay with me, even though I'm still hella mad at you. I mean it's what I owe you, you dropped the charges."

"You don't owe me anything, I'm just glad you didn't kill me. I deserved every single thing, it's my fault that I didn't use a fucking rubber, that day. But I swear that was the first and last day I fucked her, I haven't even touched her."

"You don't need to explain Preston. You're...not my boy-"

"I'm not you're boyfriend, yeah I know."

Things just got awkward and he speaks us again.

"Aubrey I'm really sorry."

"Yeah, me too." I kick the few pebbles that are under my foot and a cold breeze come on. I shake and suck in a large amount of air.

Preston takes off his blazer and put it around me, I smile sheepishly and rest my head on his shoulder.

"So what are you gonna do with the baby?"

"Aubrey, I know that baby is not mines-"

"And how could you possibly know this Preston?!"

"If you'd let me finish. The day I fucked Veronica, in the middle of it all she stoped and puked in the toilet. She told that it was fine and she just had a stomach bug. She's still vomiting till this day . I believe that she was pregnant with the baby when I fucked her, I don't know who the father is but it's definitely not me. Please Aubrey you have to believe me and I'm  gonna go to her check up with her that we booked tomorrow at 08:30."

I silently sigh a sigh of relief and hug him.

"I really hope that child is not yours. If the baby is not..."

"If the baby is not?" The Uber pulls up and stops right in front of us, but we still stay where we are.

"If the baby is not yours I might reconsider giving us another chance."I stand up and walk into the Uber not even turning around to see his reaction. I now I sound crazy but...I love him.

There was a four letter world that was just blinding me.

L-O-V-E