Chap 24. "Plausible"

Christopher Brown

"Man, your girl was wildin' out there tonight, Breeze." Tory nudged my shoulder as we watched the next act do whatever the hell she was doing.

"I'm finna be wildin' in that pussy tonight, you feel me?" We shared a maniacal laugh as he dapped me up.

"Speaking of, where did she go?" He looked around the area, trying to spot her.

"I don't know, but she better hurry the fuck back. The quicker we get outta here, the quicker I can put myself to work." I licked my lips and slumped over onto my fist.

"There she go." He pointed her out amongst the crowd. Her brows were furrowed deeply and her mouth curved into a noticeable frown as she held her phone up to her ear.

"You ready to go, baby?" I asked her as she came close enough to reach out and touch me.

"It's for you." She shoved the phone into my face, causing my head to jerk back. I twisted up my lip, and hesitantly took the phone, bringing it up my ear.

"Hello?" I asked with a slight attitude.

"Chris, why have you been ignoring me?" Ammika's voice rang over the phone. This hoe.

"How many times do I have to tell you, what we had is o—" I started to remind her of why she needed to stop calling, but Aya interrupted.

"Listen to what she has to say, Christopher." She said in a monotonous voice with crossed arms.

"What do you want?" I sighed deeply.

"I want you to be in your child's life." She dropped a bomb on me.

"Aight, imma head out." Tory kissed his teeth before getting up from his seat and leaving.

"I'm already in Royalty's life." I scoffed. Aya rolled her eyes to the back of her head and muttered something inaudible.

"Chris, don't play with me. You know what I mean." Ammika kissed her teeth.

"You tryna tell me I got you pregnant?" I pulled my lips to the side and cut my eyes at Aya.

"You did, Chris. And fix your fucking face cause I know you doing some ugly shit." She cussed at me. I sneered and held the phone away from my ear.

"Better take that shit back where it came from." I mumbled in a joking matter. Aya and Ammika both started going off on me, spitting out threats and shit.

"I was joking, shut up!" I put my hand in Aya's face and she smacked me upside the head. Why she hit so damn hard?

"Christopher, right now isn't the time for jokes. Ammika, how far along are you?" Aya took the phone from me and put it on speaker. It wasn't too loud in the area we were in, so it was easy to hear.

"I'm not sure yet. I didn't want to make any doctors appointments until I confirmed that Chris was gonna answer and be in this baby's life." I mentally, then physically rolled my eyes.

"That's understandable, and best believe he will. Just as soon as we find out if it's his or not." Aya nodded as she spoke, avoiding eye contact with me.

"I know it's his. I haven't been with anybody else." She tried to clear it up. Knowing her obsessed ass, she probably not even lying. She still dream about me, I know it.

"We can never be too sure. But I believe you. You go ahead and call the OB GYN and schedule an appointment." She chewed on her lip and glanced at me quickly.

"Alright, I will."

"Mhm. Take it easy. Bye." Aya hung up the phone quickly and stuffed it in her purse.