Chapter forty four: Choices

I stuck the needle in my vein, watching it disappear as I felt a slight pain but it soon vanished. I quickly took the needle out then threw it away, turning my attention back to my arm.

I untied the bandanna from around my arm then threw it somewhere before pulling my sleeve down. I looked in the mirror and made sure my hair was ok, and noticed that my face was healing. I sighed as I grabbed my bag from my floor then walked out the door.

Walking down the hall, I instantly smelled food which made my stomach rumble as I approached the kitchen. I saw Jace standing in front of the stove, swaying his hips back and forth as he was slightly singing to a song he was playing from his phone.

I sat down on the counter in time for him to turn around and notice me. He smiles then places a plate in front of me, along with some bacon and a few eggs before turning back towards the stove.

Sliding the plate towards me, I started eating before checking the time on my phone. I had about twenty minutes, which was plenty of time to eat then head over to the college.

After Jace was done cooking, it placed another plate on the counter with more food on it. He sat down across from me then started eating also.

"How are you?" He asks after a few moments of silence between us.

Looking up at him, I could see the worry in his eyes. I told him what happened that night when I came home. I was in a state of anger and I let it all out once I got home and he asked what was wrong.

Finally telling him what I've been dealing with, felt really good and I'm glad I told him but I wish I wasn't angry at the time. It would have been a lot better if I was calm, then I could explain shit better.

It's been a week since I last saw Cameron.

A week since I was at her mom's house and everything turned to shit.

Haven't heard from her since then. She hasn't been to classes neither. I seem to have let it all go though, since it's been a week to forget things that have happened.

"Have you heard from her?"

Shaking my head, I stuck my fork in my egg then mashed it to pieces. I took a bite then downed some milk before standing up.

"I'll text you." I grabbed my bag from the floor.

"I love you. Be careful." He said, once I walked out that door.

I made my usual stop at Starbucks on the way to classes. Jasmine greeted me like always. I acted like nothing was wrong so she wouldn't ask any questions.

"What are you doing this weekend?" She asks, once she hands me my drink.

I look at her. "I'm racing. It's my last race."

Last weekend, I raced and won. Of course. It was pretty easy. The guy was a cocky dumbass with his stupid pick-up truck, which I wasn't even sure if he knew what he was doing.

It was pretty fast and there was a few times where he caught up with me but never passed me. I just left his ass in the dust a few times, then won.

After the races were all over, the announcer had everyone stand together as he announcer the final six people who would be competing in the finals.

I was one, then a few more people that I can't remember. I'm not sure who I will be going against, but I couldn't wait.

"You got this, Micah." Jasmine smiles. "I'll be there cheering you on."

I smiled. "Thanks."

After I left, I headed over to the college with about five minutes left. I made it just in time as I parked then walked into the building, rounding the corner to Mr. Thomas' classroom.