~1~

Detective Barns looked down at the case file in front of him. The lighting was poor, and his eyes were starting to sting from staring I really at the words on the page for so long, so they seemed to dance around the page in a meaning less mess. He couldn't remember anything about the case - apart from the fact that there was a fresh dead body laying in the morgue, with a billet wound to the fore head.

He sat in his small office, not wanting to go back home to his quiet house. He rather be shouted at by the captain. His colleagues, Steve, Sam and Clint had al gone home for the evening, leaving him alone. He couldn't concentrate. He needed coffee.

-
Sipping at the boiling liquid in front of him, he glanced at the report once more.

ROBERT DOWNEY

MALE
5'9
27
NO KNOW RELATIVES

- found in an alley way with a gun shot wound to the forehead. Death would have been immediate. No known witnesses. The street was busy, suggesting that a silencer was used. Body found at 4am on 15 th February 2019. Found by a 'Tony Stark'

Tony Stark- known prostitute. 24. Found the body at 4am, and called the police immediately. Police arrived at the scene in 7 minutes and declared Mr Downey dead at the scene. No possession of drugs. No history of drugs or gang related violence.

- Miss pepper pots, Mr Downey neighbour, said he was a quite man, sarcastic and entertaining. A generally happy person, no family, unemployed.

- no further witnesses or evidence

———-

He sighed. There wasn't much to go on. He relaxed against the back of his chair. The evidence would suggest he was dealing with something dodgy. Whether that was drug related or prostitution. And with out any further witnesses, there wasn't much to go on.

Officer Wilson and Barton had examined the crime scene earlier that day, and came to no such luck of finding any further evidence.

He had to wait for the autopsy tomorrow. Deciding there wasn't much more to do tonight, he closed the folder , picked up his coat and bag walking out of his office.

On his way down to the front, he was met by the captain.
"Detective Barns, how is the new case coming alone? Any further progress?"

" I'm sorry sir, but until I get the autopsy I can't decipher the bullet, to find the score of the shot. It too late to go back to the crime scene, and my fellow officers have all left for this evening. Unfortunately I've come to a dead end sir. I apologise for the lack of progress made today."

"Don't be detective. With little evidence and ... no team, you made the right desision. Go home detective- rat and come back tomorrow and start with a fresh mind. Good night detective and good luck. I think you are going to need it."

" thank you sir, you too. I'll see you tomorrow then sir."

" yes, good bye Barns"