~2~

Barns was woken by the alarm ringing next to his ear. He lazily rolled over and ended up knocking it on the floor. He groaned in annoyance but at least the noise had stopped.

He got up, dressed, ate and showered. While he was brushing his teeth, he couldn't help but let his thought drift to the resent homoside.

Was Downey a prostitute? Was he meeting a drug seeker? Was HE a drug dealer? Why was he shot? There must be easier ways to kill on the streets. Why did no one hear the gun shot? Could the body have been moved? And where did Tony Stark fit in all this?

In no time at all, he found himself in his old car driving towards the station. He passed many police cars and wondered what was going on. He bounded into the office, his bag in hand heading straight for his office. He passed the desks of Steve sam and Clint on his way, and Steve stood and walked to his office.

Barns looked up when the officer knocked on his door.

" sir, they have found another body. Stabbed twice, found in an ally like the other. Captain wants you down in his office. They are sending officer to the scene now."

" okay, thank you Steve."

Seriously, he thought. Another himoside in two days.

He quickly made his way to captain fury's office, not wanting to take a longtime because fury was a sticker for punctuality. He knocked on his door and entered when he heard the directors voice.

He stepped into the tidy office.files were all neatly in place and nothing seems to be out of order. Fury sat in his chair, wearing a stern expression . If Bucky knew any better, he would have said he liked angry, grief stricken. But this was fury, he doesn't show emotion.

" sir, you asked to see me?"

" yes detective. Please sit."

He done as he was told without a seconds hesitation. Fury was a deadly man to cross on the best of days, but something about the look in his eye this morning, he seemed worse than his usual self.

" I hope you are aware that a second body has been found. Both crime scenes and body's have been examined, and with the evidence collected, it is quite clear that these murders are connected. Both victims wore watches. Downeys at one and the second at two."

" so there has only been two victims so far."

" it seems so. But the second victim has been identified as Chris Evans. I knew Evans. He has Been a family friend for some time- and I got a message from him the other day. And you see I haven't spoken to him for quite a few years , so you could imagine my surprise. And then to find him dead- is something else. So please, detective Barns. Gather your elite team, and find the guy who done this."

" yes sir."